Should Britain remain in Europe. ?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Should Britain remain in Europe. ?

Unread post by jammy395 »

Hope the pm triggers 52......Sooner the better.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

If you want to know what an arrogant shit Juncker is watch this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-37729928

Dismissive pffs when May is mentioned, some balanced attitude eh! then the arrogant shit comes out.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

:think: lets see, losing European free trade and free movement. Gaining Canadian, Australian free trade and free movement. I call that a win win. I would draw the line at having free movement within the Commonwealth (too many Africans), but free trade would be great, back to as it was 50 years ago.

No one is talking or maybe even thinking about the Commonwealth, but I bet you the Queen is. Being part of a resurrected Commonwealth with the Queen as titular head, or being part of the EU with Junckers being titular head - no contest, the old girl gets my vote, pity about her son though :mrgreen:

And I am definitely not a monarchist, but that is mostly because of the rest of them.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Just goes to prove the stinking dictatorial attitude of the EU to the UK. They only want our money and trade - but on their terms, well fuck em I say..!

I have never understood those wishing to remain within the EU and it failing single market (read closed market).. Funny how thremains ar happy to state that it's taken Canada 9 years to reach a deal with the EU and it's still not signed.. Well as far as I'm aware that is the result of the set up of the EU and nothing to do with Canada.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

BTW it would solve a lot of US political strife if they joined the commonwealth too. A head of state doesn't have to be political, in fact in many ways a non political front man (woman) as titular head and an elected executive is a good and less confrontational solution. It won't happen of course as the (so called) war of independence* and the constitution is so welded (brainwashed) into peoples minds. It would mean that it hadn't happened, but it would unite the English speakers of the world. Obviously independent countries bound by culture and language, and in a customs union. That would scare Brussels shitless :twisted:

*Really a civil war, american v american with some native and Brit and French involvement. The real war was when they tried to invade Canada. But the books will not tell you that in the USA.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

It appears that their plan is to make negotiations impossible so we change our mind. Think they can do what they did to the Irish. Trade deal with Canada has fallen through which proves getting agreement with all of them is impossible. We should just declare independence walk away and rely on the standard international tariffs. It will kill the German motor industry and Her Merkel will get booted. Germany needs the UK market.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Can't be done, a major percentage of our law would become invalid overnight. There is so much knitting that has tied us to Europe that the unpicking will take years and be very expensive in man power.

We have to go through it, it will be a bureaucratic nightmare. BUT it shows one thing that the UK has been saying for years - Brussels is bonkers and has created so much paper and so much law as though it is law (country) unto itself.

Sabre rattling and angst will be the order of the day for a long time, and this all will take a loooooooong time. I started off being pro Europe, then in the last couple years have become more anti Europe but also anti Brexit because it would become a process of self abuse and mutilation for a long time (I was right). To deciding it wont make any difference as the powers that be will frig it around in the end so the vote was a waste of time (what the main EU leaders are trying for), to thinking now - hell we might as well get on with it. Mind you this is now war!!! not with shots and people dying but political war, it is akin to us v Napoleonic European System all over again. But I doubt there will be anything as dramatic as Waterloo, which incidently had the Dutch and the Germans on our side.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

There are many EU countries on our side now Doc.. Many people (and administrations) are now realising what this is all about (Gemany and France dominating the rest of EU member countries) and it is doomed to fail, the death throes are just beginning.

A big part of the failure was welcoming far poorer nations into the fold. The theory is/was admirable but the practicalities are impossible. Additional to that is the creeping dissolution of national identities. Many folk in the UK ( hoping it remains a UK) are patriotic because of our glorious past (yes I accept we as an empire were awful too) these folk think "why after all the losses of the two world wars are we allowing ourselves to be dictated to by Germany ?"

Feck em I say!

Alfi
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

In defence of Germany I am not sure they want to dominate, as is the case with Russia and to a degree the USA. For Germany it has just happened, they are just better at organising and making things.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

It seems that a little bit of Belgium is blocking the whole of the EU from signing a new trade deal with Canada.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X