Should Britain remain in Europe. ?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
zebbo
Great Britain

Re: Should Britain remain in Europe. ?

Unread post by zebbo »

We need to simply walk away, no negotiations, no talks, stop paying and fuck off. Let them come crawling to us.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Logistically that is impossible.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Well it certainly wouldn't be fudging would it. :mrgreen:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

It's too early to judge what is happening. PM just back from hols plus party conference. If Tory ministers fail to implement will be end of both conservative and labour parties. Article 500 should be triggered pronto and get the fuck on with it as any uncertainty will be the most economically damaging thing in the long term. Migration needs stopping ASAP and not just from Europe - NHS can't cope so more cuts needed. Business can't plan ahead. Suggestions that Europe may change in short term making more acceptable is fanciful. The leaders of Germany, France and Italy would have to be replaced by ultra right and then we would more likely be at loggerheads as a more liberal society. If they think this is complicated try separating Scotland. That would be virtually impossible - a fact that the fish woman can't admit!
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

That is the point, the fudge is proving less damaging as "the money" has realised it is being kicked into the tall grass.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:That is the point, the fudge is proving less damaging as "the money" has realised it is being kicked into the tall grass.
But it can't remain in limbo for more than a few months and longer it goes on 'the money' will panic. Not going ahead is political suicide as most Tory members and voters are outers. So for the moment we are still in but treated as if we are already out!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

They know what is going on, nothing has changed. I can guarantee that nothing will be ready before the next Parliamentary election and that will be used as a second vote to nullify the referendum and put the decision back where it should be with the "elected" executive of the country along with the un-elected executive in the Civil Service. Normal service will be resumed, and you can be sure there will be no more referendums on anything as the "powers that be" wont let this surprise daftness happen again.

My prediction - no activation of clause 50, or an agreed very weak activation in about four years time. Labour party will be in the relative political wilderness dragged there by idiots. Conservatives will be dancing with joy and thanking Corbyn. Libs will make a resurgence and the rump of the out who haven't read the runes will be voting UKIP.

My prediction - large Conservative Gov majority with, Libs, Labs and UKIP having about the same numbers each. Conservatives voted in on a stay in Europe agenda and a number of their MPs shifting to UKIP.

Our EU membership will be different as we have scared the shits out of them and more concessions will feed in (hopefully for the whole of Europe as they see sense).

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Well I frigging well hope you're wrong Doc, because the monstrosity that is the EU needs burying and the sooner the better.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Classicrock
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Realpolitik

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realpolitik
:Bllocks: