Would I be fined

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Would I be fined

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

The French law is a ban on the burka - that is the full body dress including the hijab [ face part]

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

It would seem a French high court as said the ban in illegal .

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

Walkin on the beaches, lookin at the peaches.......... :mrgreen:
634420625_bikini_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg
634420625_bikini_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg (23.57 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
Or not......... :doh: :evil:
burqa.jpg
burqa.jpg (19.15 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
:guiness;

jayman67

Unread post by jayman67 »

lol love it!
it aint right! pic 1 all the way
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

I think the French were (and I say 'were' because France's highest administrative court has now suspended the ban by the Mayor of Villeneuve-Loubet) misusing a part of their law that bans "conspicuous" religious symbols. The Council of State's ruling could now affect other cities around the country that have prohibited the full-length swimsuit. So, to answer the original question - No.

As background, the actual French law was passed in In April 2011, and France became the first European country to ban wearing the burqa (a full-body covering that includes a mesh over the face, and the niqab, a full-face veil with an opening for the eyes) in public.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Apparently a French court has suspended the ban, so for for the moment you won't get fined.

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

If the Sand Monkey's wish to wear prop's from the "Life of Brian" then they should fuk off back to Kakistanagan...... :mrgreen: :guiness;

alfer

Unread post by alfer »

I must confess I am offended by women who cover themself completely. Also if some believe they have to and others (the majority) don't then it is extremism is it not. A woman by me does this thing and I have a daily reminder how unfriendly it is and all sorts of expressions may be made whilst I cannot see them. Peoples demonstration of goodwill to each other is often shown through a smile - covered not possible to determine if they are good or ill natured towards one. What sort of religion promotes bad will to others.
AtoZ

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Muslims, we are the Kafir.

A kafir is a person who is not a Muslim.

Islam makes a sharp distinction between Muslims on the one side and everyone else on the other. Their laws distinguish this too. In Shari'a law, a Muslim can testify in court against a kafir, but a kafir may not testify against a Muslim. In Shari'a law, it is illegal for a Muslim to kill a fellow Muslim, but it is not illegal for a Muslim to kill a kafir. A kafir is an unbeliever, an infidel.

Kafir is an Arabic word literally meaning "ingrate." In the Islamic doctrinal sense the term refers to a person who does not recognize Allah or the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad and hides, denies, or covers the truth. In cultural terms, it is a derogatory term used to describe an unbeliever or an apostate from Islam. It is usually translated into English as "infidel" or "unbeliever."

The word kāfir is the active participle of the root K-F-R "to cover". As a pre-Islamic term it described farmers burying seeds in the ground, covering them with soil while planting. Thus, the word kāfir implies the meaning "a person who hides or covers". In Islamic parlance, a kāfir is a word used to describe a person who rejects Islamic faith, i.e. "hides or covers from the truth".

Large parts of Christianity used to behave this way in the Middle Ages so it is not unique, we have now mostly grown out of it (apart from a few eeediot born agains), a majority of Muslims haven't. You can find justification for all sorts of horrors in the Bible if you look hard enough, same with the Koran.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

alfer wrote:I must confess I am offended by women who cover themself completely. Also if some believe they have to and others (the majority) don't then it is extremism is it not. A woman by me does this thing and I have a daily reminder how unfriendly it is and all sorts of expressions may be made whilst I cannot see them. Peoples demonstration of goodwill to each other is often shown through a smile - covered not possible to determine if they are good or ill natured towards one. What sort of religion promotes bad will to others.
I find posts like this offensive. There's not one logical argument in it. Where's DQ when you need him? :lol:
You've gone from women covering up to they may be hiding a dirty look to their religion promotes "bad will towards others" with no viable connections anywhere. And no, that doesn't prove it's extremism.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X