Foxes

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Foxes

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Why do people want to kill them, even chase them down and torture them for pleasure. I have two who were last years cubs still living in our garden, a boy and a girl fox, probably because both got injured, the boy with a broken leg and the girl with neck damage they have stayed together and I have fed them. They are not tame, but they come and stare at me in the evening until I feed them, and then they have a play like they were still cubs before going back to their den in the bushes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_YZ0ggpYJc

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Foxes

Unread post by CycleCoach »

I live in a village and there is still a vocal minority who support this barbarity. Some still feel that it is some form of "countryside management" rather than what it really is.
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Foxes are vermain and pests ,they require their numbers controlling . However should you wish to don a red coat and get on a horse to control , you also require exterminating for the good of humanity.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Foxes *are not* classified as vermin and pests.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

There was a recent study in Holland about the idea that foxes are responsible for the spreading of ticks, which carry the bacteria that causes Lyme's disease.

The result was unexpected. Ticks are transported primarily by mice and other small rodents. If there are predators (especially foxes) in the area, then these small rodents will tend to remain in a limited territory, close to home and safety.
The removal of predators allows the rodent population to range further afield and thus spread the disease-carrying ticks into new areas.

We have foxes here as well. They keep down the population of muskrats and rabbits who burrow into the dykes and weaken the river defences. I have seen them occasionally, crossing the road at dawn.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

they are , they are two many of them . they damage their environment , hens , fences , childrens faces - Kill the bastards : Boom Boom .

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

One could also say there are too many humans on this planet, and the list of damage they have caused/causing is endless, what do we do with them DQ? :grin:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Feed them to the foxes :lol:

Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Ithilstone »

heh I thought that this YT was of you feeding them ;]]] I only realise it is not you 3 min into the video... guy have too many hair :mrgreen: and too big house... :lol:

We use to have some foxes living near tube track behind our previous house - no issue - fun to watch - now the only problem with foxes are my neighbours that buy too much food
then leave the rubbish bags full of half eaten goods outside on Thursdays evening for Friday morning pick up - and every week are surprised that bags were munched through ...

surprisingly foxes are never interested in my rubbish ....
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

There are too many dogs, dogs kill and injure people (especially children), foxes don't. The recent scares about babies is down to paranoid parents it has been proved, Foxes are inquisitive. Dogs leave their shit everywhere as a health hazard. Foxes only poo in the places they like the most, it is leaving their scent and ownership of that space (why they don't make good house guests).

Problems with all animals is fitting their natural behaviour into human behaviour. Dogs / Wolves kill to eat on the spot. Foxes kill as much as they can and bury the spare to dig up later, this is what causes the Chicken coop problem. The problem is that once a Fox is in he doesn't just want one he wants them all, it is like a lard arse being given free food in McDonald. He will eat one on the spot and take the rest home with him to bury (take away chicken). We give him that opportunity for their *natural* behaviour. I have a neighbour about a couple of hundred yards away who has about a dozen chickens along with a very loud Cockerel, foxes are territorial, he had problems until he put out his food waste every evening for his local one, now he has no problems, the fox ignores his chickens. Like all creatures foxes prefer to be lazy, given the opportunity and a full stomach.

Foxes and territory is fascinating. Vixens are just coming into heat for this years cubs, so there is much change and also conflict starting. I am worried about my pair of teenagers, if the male fox who bred them (he is a very big one) comes back with a vixen they will reclaim my garden (and the next to the left) as his territory, then the last years youngsters are driven out. Many die at this point and is a natural control of numbers as they cannot find a new available territory, too young to fight for territory, too young to breed. Nine out of ten of last years cubs die, mostly at this point.

As territory is at a premium you find a lot of it is time shared. Foxes (up to three) will overlap and have their time to patrol and look for food. My garden is sealed by walls and wire fences so it takes a lot of effort to get in and out by other foxes, which is why so far my garden friends have survived. Foxes and local cats is also one to watch, they tend to ignore each other, at the worst they just have a staring competition

During the day I am entertained by squirrels (mad buggers), up to about ten Ring Necked Parakeets at a time and loads of small songbirds now I have controlled the Magpie numbers, and up to 20 Wood Pigeons and a handful of Stock Doves and Collared Doves. Almost getting to the point with numbers that wood pigeon pie or soup is getting on the menu. Come evening I am entertained by Foxes.