Paypal is not secure

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Paypal is not secure

Unread post by CN211276 »

You are entitled to a refund inside six months of a purchase, but this is not the case I they wont answer the f***** phone.

I bought a phone on ebay which packed up last month after two months. The seller would not communicate. Ebay said it is outside their cover period but I could easily get the money back from Paypal as it is inside six months. They gave me the Paypal phone number and that is where the trouble started. It is impossible to get an answer. I emailed them with all the details and my phone number and it was a waste of time. All I got were stupid automated responses. I am now more or less resigned to being ripped off for £60. This is the last time I will make a purchase on Ebay for any substantial amount unless I know for certain the seller is genuine.

I hold Ebay partially responsible as the seller has a large shop selling all sorts of things and I'm sure I'm not the only person who has been ripped off by them.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

terrybooth
Great Britain

Re: Paypal is not secure

Unread post by terrybooth »

DQ will probably be along in the moment. Was the phone new or second hand? It sound like people are ignoring Consumer Rights Act 2015 but, as m finding out, you need to be persistent to set your rights.
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Didn't the item arrive then?

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Your thread title is misleading as it implies Paypal is not a secure payment method. In fact your complaint is about getting refunds on faulty goods under guarantee. I don't think this is covered by Paypal. Would suggest paying via credit card through Paypal then if Paypal don't cover you the credit card company may well do. You may have some recourse through the manufacturer if this is legit UK product. If phone is grey goods or even fake may be hard luck. These sellers are likely off shore selling dodgy product. Lesson stick to legit UK based sellers or ones selling through Amazon.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

Can't you make a claim by the Paypal website?

If you paid on credit card get in touch with your provider. I always use a credit card for major purchases via Paypal even if I have enough in my current account to cover the cost.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Paypal is safe and secure and has excellent buyer protection policies, possibly the best. You can file a dispute within 180 days of purchase. Go to Resolution Centre on your account homepage, 'report a problem' option and follow the steps then submit online. 5 minutes from start to finish, if that. You don't need to phone them - they will only tell you to do what I have just described. Paypal will put the seller's funds for this item on hold until the matter is resolved, so that usually gets their attention. If the seller doesn't respond within a set timeframe then Paypal will automatically find in your favour, anyway.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

spacejay

Unread post by spacejay »

you will only ever get money back through a credit card purchase if it is more then £100. i know this for a fact because I purchased something from a company that went bankrupt after i sent some goods back that cost £84. the credit card company wouldn't do anything so i lost the money. (it's section 75)

antonio66

Unread post by antonio66 »

I filed a dispute with the seller of a cooker purchased last August, which I used once then packed up, and the seller cancelled it. :o How do they do that. I contacted the seller who promised to send a spare part. No part received I contacted ebay who passed me onto paypal. They promised to phone me back. One week later phoned paypal and yet again promised a call back when they had looked into it. You've guessed it no call back. In despair I contacted Belling and they sent an engineer who arrived last Wednesday and fixed the cooker. How can some Philipino understand what it is like living in the uk, and yet they are supposed to sort out problems for ebay and paypal over the phone. :angry-screaming:

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

eBay said the only way I could get the money back was through paypal,probably because it is under £100. They said it could only be by phone, put me through and gave the number.
Yesterday I got an answer after three days. They said I will get the money back by 1 February even if the seller is awquad.
PayPal need to work on their responses to communications.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

George Hincapie

Unread post by George Hincapie »

When I have had an issue before I've raised a buyer dispute through PayPal, for example for a non-arriving item. A dispute is opened, the seller has a fixed period to respond before PayPal review the circumstances and make a decision. I have always gotten my money back. I'll admit it has been a few years since I had a problem, but still. I hope you get the resolution you want.