Paypal is not secure

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Paypal is not secure

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

The issue here is faulty goods . It as failed after 60days . Do paypal offer any protection for such a problem , I wasn't aware that they did and you would need to rely on sales of goods for it to be repaired or replaced ?

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Paypal are supposed to offer protection for up to six months. It is looking to me that ebay shops with a large turn over have been in this situation many time before and are very good at getting out of their obligations.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Paypal are the best at doing the claim IMO, as you can register it with either but not both.

Daniel Quinn

CN211276 wrote:Paypal are supposed to offer protection for up to six months. It is looking to me that ebay shops with a large turn over have been in this situation many time before and are very good at getting out of their obligations.
can you post the terms and conditions ? or a link to this 60 day issue

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

This is the link to the Paypal agreement.
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/u ... ement-full
Main System

Second System

Headphones

RIP Doc

Daniel Quinn

That is basically useless . It basically says , you have 180 days to open a dispute , but we can do what we want , when we want . There is nothing to tie them down to or enforce against them .

this is brilliant

The outcome of any decision made by PayPal under PayPal Buyer Protection might not always be suitable for your particular needs and you should carefully read this section 13 and consider your options before using PayPal to resolve a problem.

If PayPal is contacted to resolve a problem, PayPal may require you to take an irreversible action to resolve the problem, which might make it no longer practicable in the circumstances for you to resolve the problem in another way. For example, PayPal may require you to return the item to the Payment Recipient under section 13.6.
Whether you are the buyer or Payment Recipient, you acknowledge that the Services may be used as a method of payment for a wide and complex variety of types of purchases, both online and offline. Accordingly and notwithstanding anything otherwise in this Agreement, you agree that PayPal may (but shall not be obliged to) at any time and for any reason at its full and sole discretion and without liability:
a.make a final decision on any problem with a purchase raised by a buyer with a PayPal account registered anywhere in the world (whether under the PayPal Buyer Protection policy or User Agreement of the country of registration of that buyer’s PayPal Account or otherwise) in favour of the buyer or the Payment Recipient. The final decision will always be communicated in writing (which may be by email). In the event that PayPal makes a final decision on the problem in favour of the buyer or Payment Recipient, each party must comply with PayPal’s final decision; and
b.waive the terms and conditions of coverage under PayPal Buyer Protection (whether stated in this Agreement or otherwise, including, without limitation, the conditions of reimbursement at section 13.4) at any time and for any reason, for the purpose of facilitating the resolution of any problem raised by a buyer relating to a purchase paid for using PayPal. As a non-exhaustive guide, this may include allowing reimbursement for Disputes or Claims raised outside of the timeframes set out in section 13.5 for certain purchases (typically purchases agreed to be delivered or performed outside of the timeframe set out in section 13.5), where we have reason to believe that the buyer did not have a reasonable opportunity within that timeframe to determine that there was a problem with that purchase.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

It goes to show that Paypal is not secure and I believe this is something unscrupulous ebay sellers are exploiting. It is not surprising it is almost impossible to speak to anyone at Paypal who is not a robot.
Main System

Second System

Headphones

RIP Doc

Daniel Quinn

it is not a security issue . There is no suggestion your linked bank account or the money you have in paypal is vulnerable . What it shows is that dispute resolution is really a matter of what is disputed , who with and how pay pal deal with it , you have no concrete or tangible rights vis-à-vis dispute with pay pal.

This does of course not effect your statutory rights .

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

The saga continues. The numb skulls did not read my text explaining that a parcel containing a battery could not be sent to China. Instead they sent me an email saying the dispute had been resolved in the sellers favour because I had not provided a valid tracking number. Ffs how could I!

After getting past robots I eventually got through to humans on the number the Doc provided and explained the situation. The outcome is that I have to obtain written confirmation from the post office that the parcel cannot be returned to China and send it to them. This information is included on a leaflet the post office gave me but, defying all logic, this is not acceptable to them.

I will be on holiday in Morocco from next week and probably not contactable. I advised them of this and was told that the matter would be resolved within 72 hours of receipt of the post office confirmation. I am not holding my breath.

It appears that this is an ebay seller who has been in this position many times before and knows the ins and outs about how to avoid refunds. Paypay should be wise to this and, as well as reading messages, be aware of the regulations concerning sending parcels abroad. Ebay also need to get their act together regarding dodgy sellers with shops.
Main System

Second System

Headphones

RIP Doc

Daniel Quinn

tell them it is international regulations - Guidance on Shipping Lithium Battery Power Banks

he 2017 IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations and supplemental IATA Lithium Battery Guidance clarify that battery packs, modules or battery assemblies, often known as power banks or portable chargers, are regulated as lithium ion batteries (UN3480). Such shipments are subject to the UPS requirement that all lithium ion and metal batteries must be shipped by air as fully regulated dangerous goods.

Classification questions related to a specific product should be directed to the appropriate national authority in the country from or within which a shipper wishes to send lithium batteries.

UPS Section II Battery Requirements Changing

New International Lithium Battery Regulations

2016: The international regulations applicable to air shipments of lithium batteries have changed. The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Council has approved amendments to the lithium battery provisions in the ICAO Technical Instructions. Compliance with the new regulations is mandatory effective April 1, 2016. These amendments include:

And the post office do not offer compliance with these regulations for individuals .