Hello!

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Hello!

Unread post by CycleCoach »

beyourself wrote:Hello Richard, i was waiting for this reply.
I wonder why? :think:
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

beyourself
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by beyourself »

I am merely sharing my experience from my long audio journey that is all. I'm a music lover and have no technical knowledge whatsoever
nor do i have any interest in technology beyond having just enough knowledge to make an informed purchasing decision.

Sharing one's experience does not seem to be appreciated on this forum.

My audio journey started 37 years ago and i thought it would be interesting to share what i have experienced and learned along the way, with
fellow music lovers.

I seem to have made a mistake!

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Oh dear, I disliked the AI Series 500 for being tonally thick and rather bland, with no hf 'texture' at all. To me and on recommended (Snell and pro-Ac at the time) speakers and using Void and Linn vinyl sources, it made all cymbals sound as if they were being brushed rather than some of them struck. I can understand how other more traditional amps might sound rather different to this. Sorry, I don't know how many others know this amp and of course it's just an opinion.

Tekton is a name I know and from enthusiasm. A shame they cost so much to ship over here. They do a (US) cheap floor stander with solid undamped box, a decent main driver run full range and a tweeter just there to augment the high frequencies. There are other more complex ones over this, but the baby one looked really interesting.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

beyourself

I like the Tekton floor standers, but as you say, expensive to ship over.

My AI 500 was a good sample, the only negative thing about it was that it had a fair amount of distortion, not enough to spoil enjoyment
of the music though. In the end heaving 19 kilos of amplifier around lost it appeal and its days were numbered.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

beyourself wrote:I am merely sharing my experience from my long audio journey that is all. I'm a music lover and have no technical knowledge whatsoever
nor do i have any interest in technology beyond having just enough knowledge to make an informed purchasing decision.

Sharing one's experience does not seem to be appreciated on this forum.

My audio journey started 37 years ago and i thought it would be interesting to share what i have experienced and learned along the way, with
fellow music lovers.

I seem to have made a mistake!
We are not like other forums, you need to think twice before feeding us :Bllocks: as you will be told. Keep away from the marketing / forum / magazine bollocks and tell us what you hear, best with musical / music references, and you will be fine.

beyourself

I am telling you what i hear, isn't that what this forum is all about? That is what it says at the top of the forum page, but you seem unable to accept it.

I do not read magazines or frequent forums or pay attention to marketing, i'm past all that, as i have already said, but you still think i do.

I've no interest in the world of Hi-fi beyond knowing what might be of interest in improving my musical enjoyment.

If this forum is only for technical people then let me know.

I'm puzzled by your reactionary and combatative manner.

All i can do is share with you what i have heard and learn't over the years, share my experience and musings. Isn't that what this forum
is all about, again that is what it says at the top of the forum page. Or i have i made a mistake?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

"I am telling you what i hear" - No you didn't, you said this, which means you set yourself up as an expert and you are not, so you will be called on it, which is what has happened.

"Listening to music through a amplifier that has no crossover distortion or feedback applied is a remarkable experience.
There is a direct hear through quality to the sound. Space, depth, resolution, low level information, just you and the music. Unfortunately
most people will never hear how good recorded music can sound. I'm talking about analogue here not CD. A typical
transistor amp masks so much information."

beyourself

Richard
I've just typed a very long reply to your post but it failed to submit! it was rather good as well. Oh well since it takes me ages to type
i'll leave it that and wish you good nights sleep.

Thats the second post that failed to submit.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

It was probably timed out, just do it in a word program then copy across if it is long. But you don't need to, just express opinion and don't make absolutist statements, then you will get no criticism. And don't waste both ours and your time by denying you did that.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

beyourself wrote:Richard
I've just typed a very long reply to your post but it failed to submit! it was rather good as well. Oh well since it takes me ages to type
i'll leave it that and wish you good nights sleep.

Thats the second post that failed to submit.
Seems to me we were lucky . :lol: reminds me of a conversation I once had with a blackpool fan who with a straight face told me that had signed a 35 year old goalkeeper coming back from two broken wrists . He was said to have good potential .