What does your car say about you ?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Jonty2547
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What does your car say about you ?

Unread post by Jonty2547 »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote:So, is your dealership near where I live (Ipswich say?)
It is.
TT- Thorens TD160B MKII with SME 3009, SL1210 and PL-71. Amps-NVA P50sa/A40's & Phono 1. CDP- Sony X555ES. Speakers-B&W 705 with LS1.
Headphone system Bushmaster II, Capella amp, Pi 3B+ with Hifiberry Digi+ Pro & Nighthawk cans.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Give the man a coconut

Now tell me what a bad choice I made, what will go wrong, and all Yank cars are crap etc

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

After driving a Doblo for 10 years - it's great to be back in a 'proper' car. :grin: :auto-driving:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The Doblo was brilliant. Loads of space and carry capacity, which is what I wanted. I got over my car phase in my life with my last Alfa, a 1989 Spider (old type). Had loads of Alfas, when driving is fun drive an Alfa. I lost the fun, cars became A to B. Speed not important, fun not important. Though I DO love a bargain that is fun, that is one of my major pleasures in life in beating the rip-off merchants in all things. I just can't believe how much of a car this is for the money WHY??? I can't find any problems. Both my previous Doblos, cost more than this. AND if it goes tits up how much have I lost, in real terms in car costs this is costing next to nothing apart from it will be heavy on fuel, but I do about 5k miles a year now so that isn't a real problem. It is nearly as comfortable as my old Jag XJ6 as well.

Jonty2547

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Now tell me what a bad choice I made, what will go wrong, and all Yank cars are crap etc
I can't. They're built like tanks and as long as you don't go round a corner too fast it'll be great fun.
Now, will you be starting a thread about some flash wheels for your new toy?

:mrgreen:
TT- Thorens TD160B MKII with SME 3009, SL1210 and PL-71. Amps-NVA P50sa/A40's & Phono 1. CDP- Sony X555ES. Speakers-B&W 705 with LS1.
Headphone system Bushmaster II, Capella amp, Pi 3B+ with Hifiberry Digi+ Pro & Nighthawk cans.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

So why are they so bleeedin' cheap :-?

Oooh I dooo love a bargain, especially in the face of the stupid prices Merc Taxis go for.

The alloys are pitted with patches of the alloy equiv of rust. They cost a fortune to replace, is there a spray to treat them with. I was going to have a go with Plastidip :mrgreen: :mrgreen: New trend doped wheels :lol:

Hood wont stay up so bought a new pair of them hydraulic strut things from eBay for £18.95, bloody expensive these cars :x :x :lol:

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:The Doblo was brilliant. Loads of space and carry capacity, which is what I wanted.

Have to agree with you there Doc, that's exactly why I got my Doblo as well.

The Doblo is designed and built in a huge factory in Turkey (to the south-east of Istanbul) made for Turkish road condtions and meant to be easily maintainable by the village blacksmith. Also environmentally-friendly (95% recyclable) and the little (but surprisingly powerful) 1.3L diesel motor gave me 20km to the liter (the Outlander uses 2x as much fuel).

I first drove one as a rental on holiday in Izmir and it was terrific for mountains, farm tracks etc. The roads there were full of Doblo's: taxi's, police, everybody. Decided then that I wanted one. But you cannot get past the fact that it is basically a simple and sturdy delivery van.

Enjoy the Jeep, Doc! :dance:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Jonty2547

Plenty of mobile wheel refurbishers around.
http://www.wickedwheels.co.uk
Generally costs around £150+ for a set of 4.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Fretless wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:The Doblo was brilliant. Loads of space and carry capacity, which is what I wanted.
Have to agree with you there Doc, that's exactly why I got my Doblo as well.

The Doblo is designed and built in a huge factory in Turkey (to the south-east of Istanbul) made for Turkish road condtions and meant to be easily maintainable by the village blacksmith. Also environmentally-friendly (95% recyclable) and the little (but surprisingly powerful) 1.3L diesel motor gave me 20km to the liter (the Outlander uses 2x as much fuel).

I first drove one as a rental on holiday in Izmir and it was terrific for mountains, farm tracks etc. The roads there were full of Doblo's: taxi's, police, everybody. Decided then that I wanted one. But you cannot get past the fact that it is basically a simple and sturdy delivery van.

Enjoy the Jeep, Doc! :dance:
Apart from one trip with a man and his van for really big stuff I did our whole house move with the Doblo. North to South London, saved me almost the price of the car.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

What does you car say about you :

Taxi for DQ ;)