The old gits doctors waiting room chat thread

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

The old gits doctors waiting room chat thread

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Overheard waiting for appointment. "hello ?????, how have you been" "Ooo terrible my backs killing me" etc etc

The thread to see who has the most complaints.

Me first - apart from I am supposed to be dead I really can't complain :grin: :grin: My problems are not my illness, I might as well not have it for all the effect it has. My drugs side effects are the only source of complaint. Up to 8 immodium a day to make sure I don't have to run behind a tree :oops: some skin problems, not as bad as others get. Other small side effects. 5 years on them now.

FFS if it wasn't for the NHS it would cost me about £500 a day to stay alive (so I would be dead), I could say rip off drug companies, but I am stuck in two minds about them. Anyway another two years and it goes generic which should mean the price plummets. I used to be on higher dosage so my five years has cost the Gov, or really your taxes, over £1m. Then all the costs of the Docs and scans etc.

I was unlucky to get it, lucky I got it when new drugs have appeared, lucky I live in the UK.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: The old gits doctors waiting room chat thread

Unread post by slinger »

I think you've probably got the rest of us beat by a street doc. I'll give it a shot though...I'm currently taking 17 tablets per day, and that's not counting any painkillers, which I try to avoid if at all possible. Oh, and I need 3 monthly B12 injections for pernicious anaemia.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Colin Wonfor
Great Britain

Unread post by Colin Wonfor »

This Old git, takes 8 pills morning 5 pills night two injection a day, ticks like a time bomb with mostly mechanical ticker limps due to stroke, random blindness in left eye. But worse thing is I am dead to most people I thought were mates, cheers guys, but I still basically like the human things. And I am still very depressed from my very recent history with so called friends and ex-thing.
Best bit is meeting my old friend Alan after 30+years and starting designing things I love , keeps my pea brain working. And talking of pee I must rush of now bye have a great day you lots see you soon. :grin: :lol: :angry-soapbox:

P.S. (edit)

Back from Looo yep and getting married to my dear friend Maria last year, best thing I ever did. :) :clap: :dance:
It can be done so imagine it.

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

I can see this is going to be a happy little thread. :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Its an old git moaning thread, if you aren't an old git with a medical moan then piss off :lol: :lol:

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Suffered from depression for 20 years.
Have taken Prozac, Seroxat, Citalopram Diazepam and Mirtazipine. Had counselling, psychotherapy, the works.
Was prone to lashing out at family, loved ones, when it got particularly bad.
Eventually, had to quit being an Assistant Head Teacher, because I got ill, with a bad back, depression kicked in during my time off sick and I found it difficult to return to work. Tried for a fortnight on a phased return, but ended up in a row with another member of senior management over a lesson observation, and walked off the job, then resigned, never to return.
Have done supply work for the last 12 years, which has suited me.
Got into building valve amps which helped a lot, but still was prone to low moods, the black dog appearing, being completely consumed with worry/terror, saying stupid things on line, being a sarcastic rambling bastard on forums.

I discovered by complete chance, mindfulness meditation and latterly, the power of living in the Now, rather than dwelling on the unchangeable past, or an imagined dystopian future where I can't pay my way and am thrown into the streets.

As a result of the discovery of the Now and mindfulness meditation, I am free of depression, relaxed most of the time and the creative juices are flowing, I'm designing and building some nice speakers that might get me a few bob, and am no longer an absolute twat to live with. How the missus put up with it, I'll never fathom. It was terrible for her to live with a depressive, but it was a bloody sight worse being one. Anyway, that's over now 8-)
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Good result Steve. I totally agree that the pills don't work. Conscious living does. :guiness;

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

Simon Hickie

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

OK, my turn. Incurable autoimmune disease requiring same immunosuppression treatment as transplant patients with the consequent side-effects including dodgy digestion (always need immodium to hand) and ease of picking up infections (it's a case of taking the meds or die). Arthritis in both knees plus degenerative disc disease in lower back. Overlaid with a spot of chronic asthma. I don't cost the NHS as much as the Doc though. Still, I managed early retirement, so there's some upside.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Well despite the fact the fact(s) that I've got an appointment with my G.P. this afternoon and I'm back to see my trauma surgeon at the end of the month and I've been off work for over a year now I think I'll quietly withdraw from this thread. You blokes are really ill and make me feel like I'm just shamming! :lol:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Slinger stop being so modest you are definitely in the top 5 of the Hifi Subjectivist premier league for the ill and infirm ., unlike Liverpool you may make the top 4 ;)