So How Is The Trumpster Working Out For The Brits Now?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Neonknight

So How Is The Trumpster Working Out For The Brits Now?

Unread post by Neonknight »

Caught the news story where he blames the British intelligence community for surveillance of him as requested by Obama. Then deflects by saying they are just repeating a new story for Fox News. So now the rest of the world gets to suffer with us. I didn't vote for this idiot, but get to suffer through the next four years. Not really a Democrat personally, but it seems the Republicans are going to shoot themselves in the foot for years the way they are going. Really hope so, as they seem to deserve it. Amazing that this proposed budget will pull Meals on Wheels, and kick low income seniors to the street. But he is going to fuck things up for a lot of countries, and those who thought it would be good sport to see this idiot elected are going to find that his foolishness is going to affect a lot of countries.

Amazing, just freaking amazing this can happen.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: So How Is The Trumpster Working Out For The Brits Now?

Unread post by slinger »

He is a source of much amusement, but this new budget looks, to me at least, disastrous. To focus just on our (as in this forum's) general area of interest rather than the broader social implications it appears set to decimate "the arts" and for no good reason. Under the terms of this budget funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting would be cut to zero under, and the National Endowment for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Humanities would be eliminated entirely. It also proposes to eliminate the Institute of Museum and Library Services. What do they do? The clue's in the name. It looks like he wants to dumb America down to his level.

Re the GCHQ thing, the timeline was something like this...

Andrew Napolitano (ex judge) accuses GCHQ on Fox.
Slimy Sean Spicer repeats the allegation.
Britain complains.
America says "sorry, we won't repeat the claims."
UK officials say we have received an apology.
Slimy Sean Spicer denies that the US has apologised and excuses the whole affair by saying "we only said what he said on Fox. Go see him or Fox."
Brits thinks, "Hang on, you said it wasn't going to be mentioned again."
Dumb Donald mentions it yet again at a presser with Angela Merkel.

We should have demanded blood rather than accept a half-hearted semi-apology which turned out to be a lie. Perhaps Dumb Donald had his fingers crossed behind his back?

We showed weakness and the orange buffoon is laughing at us.

Sorry, what was the question? :lol:
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Sorry NK, I see American Civil War II I'm afraid, and that could have a profound effect on the rest of us on the planet. It ain't 1861 any more.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

I honestly believe he is going to get clipped. The guy is a fucking idiot.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I was talking to a lass from Louisiana on the flight back from Taiwan, and she was convinced the Russian connection would have him impeached within 6 months or so.

Neonknight

Unread post by Neonknight »

Problem is Republicanism is running unfettered, and if you lost Trump you are stuck with Pence, who is just as dangerous or more so as he is intelligent and calculated. The deep Republican Utopia still can come to fruition with him at the helm. If there is a weakness to this form of government, it is the possibility of complete control of one party or another. The Republicans have chosen to dismantle all that the Obama administration has done. Not everything they did was good or even right, but it still moved the country in the right direction IMHO. Now its all gone. This is an instance where the Parliamentary form of government seems more balanced.

Things are going to get worse before they get better.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Well you had the choice 250 years ago whether to go for a Parliamentary system or a Republican presidential system. A nominal head of state who everything is done in the name off but has no power to change it seems safer, but even under that system we still have dominance by one side or the other. We had the chance a few years back to add proportional representation to it and daftly rejected it in a vote. But there again Germany, Netherlands etc has a proportional system, is it better, well it creates its own problems, but I for one would prefer it. It does give minority interests a bigger voice, including the extremists.

For me the big problem in the US is general ignorance of the alternatives and what happens in the rest of the world, the USA is always best and always right USA USA USA is the chant, well sadly given its power I wish it was, but it isn't.

George Hincapie

George Hincapie

And this one is even better : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik3JTaj21eo

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Try searching for some of John Oliver's 'reports' on YouTube, or Trevor Noah's, if you want some serious points made with humour.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X