Brussels ate my interconnect...who's to blame for Brexit?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brussels ate my interconnect...who's to blame for Brexit

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

:-? if i wasn't confused i am now.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39453535

It is pretty obvious that the next two years will be a waste of time, we should just walk away now, slap 20% vat on all EU imports plus import tax and see if that makes them negotiate properly. All these threats are getting on my wick, so have that back as a real threat. The German car companies will bring down the German Gov in less than a month!!!! and what the Germans think is all that is important in the EU and that is the main part of the problem!!!!. SOOO Germany get Spain to shut the fuck up or you take away their subsidies, so Spain goes tits up, and chaos reigns and Putin laughs.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

It simples . :grin: [ using rough calculations}

approx. 37 million people voted , the majority for leave was 1.3 million .

Now lets suppose we have the vote again in may 2018 and everybody votes the same . Nobody who voted changes their mind , nobody who could vote in 2016 votes in 2018 and nobody who voted doesn't vote .

800,000 leavers would be dead so they could not vote. 200,000 or so remainders would be dead so they could not vote . So the majority is down to 700,000 .

However ,there would be 1.6 million new voters because they were now old enough to vote . If these first time voters voted the same in 2018 as first time voters voted in 2016 , then the overall majority would be for staying . The vote was taken two early.
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Daniel Quinn wrote:The fact is , if we had the vote again it would 65% remain , cause all of the benefits of leaving have turned out to be lies .
When I talk to people who voted Leave, most are not at all bothered about the lies...as long as we 'control the borders and stop being ruled by Brussels'.

Some will admit that they voted Leave out of spite against globalisation / 'the establishment', and others even did it for 'a laugh'.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Still makes no sense as the 65s would be replaced by new 65s who would vote as 65s vote, history has proved that. The older you get the more insular and conservative you get, not to mention cantankerous :lol:

If the Gov wanted to they could have a vote tomorrow, just do it on line. The problem is getting people to vote, there are many ways to make it fraud proof based on postcode. The problem with that is you would probably get a different result daily.

Daniel Quinn

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Still makes no sense as the 65s would be replaced by new 65s who would vote as 65s vote, history has proved that. The older you get the more insular and conservative you get, not to mention cantankerous :lol:

If the Gov wanted to they could have a vote tomorrow, just do it on line. The problem is getting people to vote, there are many ways to make it fraud proof based on postcode. The problem with that is you would probably get a different result daily.
no they don't , I bloody sure when I am 65 I wont be voting for tory , todays 65's are a product of different world and the rapid change is making them insular . The evidence suggests that your policitcal views formed in your 30's pretty much stay with you for life.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

DQ you are no more normal than I am. History says you are wrong. The young lean left, the nearer you get to death the further right you lean, not as individuals as a rule.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39453535

It is pretty obvious that the next two years will be a waste of time, we should just walk away now, slap 20% vat on all EU imports plus import tax and see if that makes them negotiate properly. All these threats are getting on my wick, so have that back as a real threat. The German car companies will bring down the German Gov in less than a month!!!! and what the Germans think is all that is important in the EU and that is the main part of the problem!!!!. SOOO Germany get Spain to shut the fuck up or you take away their subsidies, so Spain goes tits up, and chaos reigns and Putin laughs.
Spain will not be allowed to stand in the way of a decent amount of billions of pounds in settlement from UK. Just another bargaining chip to get that number up...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

The average age of the population is increasing which means the vote for Brexit would get bigger. Also many who voted in just want to get on with it as likely they really can't stand the EU. If we changed our mind likely they would screw us even more unless the whole European project collapses in the meantime due to events elsewhere.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Daniel Quinn

Rubbish.

There is no evidence we get more right wine as we age and Secondly remiain/ leave is not a party political issue.