Brussels ate my interconnect...who's to blame for Brexit?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
joe
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brussels ate my interconnect...who's to blame for Brexit

Unread post by joe »

Daniel Quinn wrote:
no they don't , I bloody sure when I am 65 I wont be voting for tory , todays 65's are a product of different world and the rapid change is making them insular . The evidence suggests that your policitcal views formed in your 30's pretty much stay with you for life.
I'm not quite 65, but not far off. I never have voted Tory, and never will. I've moved very marginally right from, say, my late teens when I was a black flag-waving anarchist, but nowhere near right enough to vote Tory.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Rules always have loads of exceptions. The older I have got the less inclined I am to vote for anyone.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

If it was possible to predict which way people would vote by assigning "logic" to the equation then we'd have known about Brexit and Donald Trump long before those results came in. You might as well try to herd cats.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Who is to blame for Brexit. Hmmm! I vote for Ted Heath (not the band leader) he was determined to get us in, if he hadn't we wouldn't have to get out.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Farage's idiocy and Boris Johnson's blind ambition to become PM - so he jumped on the bandwagon.
Together they knocked out a pack of flagrant lies and empty promises - never thinking that the UK would be stupid enough to vote 'leave'.
That is why there was NO PLAN and NO PREPARATION.

The 'great unwashed' have learnt to vote in elections/referendums as a form of protest, displaying their frustrations without actually bothering to consider what they are voting for.

Theresa May is pushing the whole deal through at breakneck pace like a headless chicken.
Another blind ploy from the Conservatives to get total political control.

The EU are going to be ruthless to the UK and make an example of how difficult, painful and costly it is to get out of the EU so no other countries will be foolish enough to attempt it.

All of the 'worst case scenario' visions of the Remainers are about to become reality.
Hold onto your hats, it's going to be a rough ride.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Now Spain and the rest of the EU are trying to annexe Gib. All decisions concerning Gibraltar must be run past Spain first MY ARSE!
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Fretless wrote: The EU are going to be ruthless to the UK and make an example of how difficult, painful and costly it is to get out of the EU so no other countries will be foolish enough to attempt it.
Then we walk away and stick two fingers up, they get nothing :lol: As I said German industry, especially the car makers, will bring Merkel down in a month if that happened. The EU has more to lose than we do, even the Spanish because if they can keep us in talks and bribe us maybe they will get Gibraltar back. What they don't seem to realise is it is a democracy. Same with Falklands same with N Ireland same with Scotland, they vote out then they go, they vote in then they stay.

We have seen it all before - Louis XIV, Napoleon, Hitler, it is just the same, UK v a deluded or controlled Europe. Happily this time it will be commercial war as opposed to a real killing one. History show that when the arrogant arses over the water think they have got us they get a real shock - mk4 lesson coming up.

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

Everybody is going to get hurt in this. And Mrs. May has made it very clear that she doesn't give a damn about the rights of EU citizens in the UK or British nationals in Europe.

She won't get any sympathy from me. :angry-fire:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:As I said German industry, especially the car makers, will bring Merkel down in a month if that happened. The EU has more to lose than we do
1 in 7 cars built in Germany goes to the UK. But the UK still only accounts for around 7% of German exports.

There will have already been pressure on her about this but I don't think it's certain that Merkel will prioritise car manufacturers over the EU negotiations...at least not in the short term. She has to prove to the rest of the EU that leaving will make the UK worse off...

Gibraltar is a diversion. The issue will melt away when the right financial and political deal is in sight.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Fretty - She has not said that, in fact all the indications is it will be a priority. It is just that the two, the ones here and our ones there must be dealt with at once.

Please note where all the threats are coming from, not from us, we will not declare war (unless Germany invades Poland again :lol: ) but we will respond, and if the eeediots in Brussels think the Brits will not put up with a little pain they should just go look at history. The EU will be hurt far more for it going to commercial / political warfare, and mostly the Germans. Everyone else gets off mostly scot free. The Germans will have to pick up the bill for what we refuse to pay (held to ransom over) - and we will!!! - German industry will suffer, European security will suffer, and Putin will laugh even more, hopefully giving himself a heart attack.

This process COULD be very easy, just watch who makes it difficult, the ones who haven't learnt from history.