GENERAL ELECTION JUNE 8TH 2017

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
zebbo
Great Britain

Re: GENERAL ELECTION JUNE 8TH 2017

Unread post by zebbo »

Having seen Dover emotionally ripped apart by the seaman's strike many years ago, which my father was involved in and couldn't stomach, that sounds familiar.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

joe
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by joe »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Arm up back bullying was not what I meant. Again I speak to drivers on the Southeastern, who work out of Slade Green depot, they all talk about bullying and abuse from the drivers who wanted a strike and the union officials, when they wouldn't go on strike to remove the one man trains. They also say bullying is rife on the Southern in the present series of strikes. Especially when a driver threatens to leave the union.
But that's a separate issue from union members opting in or out of the political fund. My brother was a union official many years ago, and when he signed people up the political fund 'opt-in' form was different from the union membership form.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

joe wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Arm up back bullying was not what I meant. Again I speak to drivers on the Southeastern, who work out of Slade Green depot, they all talk about bullying and abuse from the drivers who wanted a strike and the union officials, when they wouldn't go on strike to remove the one man trains. They also say bullying is rife on the Southern in the present series of strikes. Especially when a driver threatens to leave the union.
But that's a separate issue from union members opting in or out of the political fund. My brother was a union official many years ago, and when he signed people up the political fund 'opt-in' form was different from the union membership form.
a.f.a.i.k. it still is. I believe there are separate "opt-in notices" and (not 100% certain on this and can't be arsed to Google it) in 2016 legislation was changed slightly whereby new members were presented with the option of contributing to the political fund upon joining a union and existing members had to be "reminded" once per year that they were already contributing. Existing members could, of course, cease contributions at any time.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X