Brexit

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Brexit

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have an answer - this is what I and everyone else in the UK joined and I was very happy with it.

The European Economic Community (EEC) was a regional organisation which aimed to bring about economic integration among its member states. It was created by the Treaty of Rome of 1957. Upon the formation of the European Union (EU) in 1993, the EEC was incorporated and renamed as the European Community (EC). In 2009 the EC's institutions were absorbed into the EU's wider framework and the community ceased to exist.

The Community's initial aim was to bring about economic integration, including a common market and customs union, among its six founding members: Belgium, France, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and West Germany. It gained a common set of institutions along with the European Coal and Steel Community (ECSC) and the European Atomic Energy Community (EURATOM) as one of the European Communities under the 1965 Merger Treaty (Treaty of Brussels). In 1993, a complete single market was achieved, known as the internal market, which allowed for the free movement of goods, capital, services, and people within the EEC. In 1994, the internal market was formalised by the EEA agreement. This agreement also extended the internal market to include most of the member states of the European Free Trade Association, forming the European Economic Area covering 15 countries.

Upon the entry into force of the Maastricht Treaty in 1993, the EEC was renamed the European Community to reflect that it covered a wider range than economic policy. This was also when the three European Communities, including the EC, were collectively made to constitute the first of the three pillars of the European Union, which the treaty also founded. The EC existed in this form until it was abolished by the 2009 Treaty of Lisbon, which incorporated the EC's institutions into the EU's wider framework and provided that the EU would "replace and succeed the European Community".

The EEC was also known as the Common Market in the English-speaking countries and sometimes referred to as the European Community even before it was officially renamed as such in 1993.

Some eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeediots without my approval, but with reluctant forced UK approval, decided to turn it into the EU. I do not want to be a member of the EU and has been shown most people in the UK don't want to be either.

So my answer resurrect the EEC, allow countries to decide if they wish to be members of the EEC or the EU, with the option fully laid out in law and procedure to move between the two. We would end up with a core of countries in the EU, and all the hangers on, undecided, or new members to start in the EEC. The mechanisms and rules for the EEC still exist.

It would give a way froward for those who want a European state without having to fight the doubters all the time, and provide what states like the UK (and BTW Ireland) need. Only EU members would be involved in the EU parliament and its idiocy, EEC members would just contribute to and have members of the executive.

Fretless
Netherlands

Re: Brexit

Unread post by Fretless »

The Brexit referendum was carried through by a vocal minority mainly protesting about illegal immigrants and (wrongly) blaming the EU.

What might be left over, once the dust has settled, is a sort of NEU - Northern European Union.

With the current state of absolutely-no-agreement-about-anything and the UK being sidetracked into giving the Tories an Erdogan-style control after the forthcoming election, I fear the most for the UK (whatever will be left of it).

God save the Queen.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

I agree Doc. Our politicians or PM's rather have hidden the plan of closer integration from the people. Left purely as a trading and cooperation block, I doubt the EU would have brought about its self made problems.

Their "Common Polices" too have created massive issues for farmers /fisheries etc. It has become anti democratic because it wishes to support the failed Euro currency and Schengen along with monetary union will eventually bring all it tumbling down with much misery across Europe. I fear that is when all hell will break out and the reason why it was created will eventually destroy and haunt it. The EU has grown far too large and too quickly becoming politically ugainly with disparate economies causing huge migration issues within itself, the additonal refugee/ economic migrant issue is certainly speeding demise up. Even without this burden the EU is set to fail economically. Worrying times indeed.

I feel Germany is far too strong politically and economically. As an anti democratic organisation its appears not have its people's best interests at heart.

Why is Germany building coal fired power station agains when the UK is being flooded with wind generators?

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Fretless
Netherlands

Pity that the Tory cabinet have rejected Scotland's idea for remaining within the European Trade zone - not all too different from what Doc has outlined above.

The proposed merger of Northern Ireland and the Irish Republic seems to be being taken seriously. Meaning that N. Ireland remains in the EU if a referendum would be held there.

The Welsh are calling for the central government to continue the farming subsidies that are now received from the EU.

The floodgates are opening for international businesses leaving the UK for new, EU-based operations.

So this leaves the UK with:
1) no Ireland,
2) an un-cooperative Scotland,
3) Wales as a financial burden,
4) far less jobs in global corporations,
5) no trade agreements with anybody and no-one capable of making them (they are sticking to their well-paid positions in Brussels and Luxembourg)
6) an artificially-inflated economy to give the impression that the UK is doing really well (the price will be paid later).
7) a general election when the whole government should be working overtime to ensure the country's future,
8) a Prime Minister who refuses to defend her standpoint in public debates.

I've probably forgotten a few things.

Yes, I have a different perspective - a outsider looking in. But I am a pawn on the bloody chessboard at the moment. One of the 30,000 UK nationals resident in Holland and the 600,000 around the EU. Were we asked what we wanted? NO WE WEREN'T! Let alone the 1.3 million EU citizens living legally in the UK.

Is Theresa May standing up for my rights? No, she sodding well isn't! However Angela Merkel IS supporting those of us feeling disenfranchised and deserted by our own government.
Last edited by Fretless on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Office:

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Germany looks after its people. We follow silly rules.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

I think you'll find Germany prefers to look after the migrants Cn.. Look to German news sources on their issues rather than the selective news we are presented with by the British MSN.

Fret "the EU" never give us their money - it's ours given back.

From what I've read etc the British Govt wants to secure the futures for all EU nationals; British in the EU and EU Foreign national here, but Frau Merkel said NEIN!

Problem is there's still much emotion involved in all Brexit issues. However, the EU is not looking at all well is it? All due to their anti democratic ways.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Fretless
Netherlands

From this article, BBC News, yesterday.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39730326

"Mrs Merkel stressed the need to protect the interests of some 100,000 Germans living in the UK.
But she went on to say "we are also ready to make a fair offer to British citizens in Germany and the rest of Europe.
"They are an important part of our community and should remain so." "

Brexit ? Grrrr.... :angry-steamingears:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Office:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Fretty you are bonkers, that is nothing like I said, plus you are exhibiting severe EU brainwash, it is just like the flat earth mate, brainwashed delusion being held together by a hope and a prayer. It can never be one nation.

When ever anything changes some things are for the worse some are for the best. There are two brainwashes going on both to try a shore up a position, one by the Brit Gov, and the other by the EU. I will tell who is the most scared by Brexit, the EU in crowd, they are always looking over their shoulder as there is no plan B but to try and scare the UK people (doesn't work countries and dictators have tried for centuries). OK they won a small battle when Wilders (the buffon haired egotist) didn't get power, they are being more emboldened by the very small chance now that Le Pen will get in. Even more so by the German right being in meltdown. Politically they are sighing in relief, but during this they are forgetting the Elephant in the room - THE EURO - it will bring the EU down it is just a question of when.

Once again as in history we are being underestimated and misunderstood, you being a Brit should understand this, but you have gone native :mrgreen: THE MORE WE ARE THREATENED THE MORE WE DIG IN, we will not be bullied, if we are we will just walk away and fuck you, yes serious FUCK YOU!! (not personally the EU).

The comment being made are making even people who were against Brexit (me as one in principle but I didn't vote) turn away from the process. The Scots Nationalist Politicians are eeediots and political opportunists, and I for one would be quite happy to have them feck off if that is what the people decide. I also think you misunderstand what is going on about Ireland, you need to speak to more Irish people, when push comes to shove they are part of the British Isles, as shown in two world wars, not by the politics or the politicians but BY THE PEOPLE! They look longingly over the Atlantic more than we do, they only look to the EU because they can use them. AND all the SNP want to do is be the same, they see lots of money coming their way, as they become a tool for the USofE Brussels elite.

Wake up Fretty, there are more games being played here than a dozen Primary School playgrounds. Europe, one nation, complete :Bllocks:

Fretless
Netherlands

Despite the fact that I regard myself as a European citizen - actually I agree with you on most of that Doc.
The EU ain't perfect - but can the UK survive without it ?

Just be very, very worried about the Conservative Party and the way in which they are taking advantage of the situation.

Also, I read this article about the possible collapse of Western Civilisation due to disruption of the economic stability caused by factors such as Brexit and Trump. Didn't make me happy.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2017041 ... d-collapse

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Office:

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Fret...

If you want to turn even Remainers into hardcore Brexiteers, keep asking this question:
Fretless wrote: The EU ain't perfect - but can the UK survive without it ?
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/