Am I too Old Fashioned.

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
wiicrackpot
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Am I too Old Fashioned.

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Oh, i am only surmising as he didn't make NEBO, dealt with Martin before and a good guy. 8-)
Frank...made me do it.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I agree, tainted by Mr Piss Flaps, and a large degree of fascist tendencies, but we can't all be perfect, now can we :angelic-blueglow:

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

No you lot cant :lol: :lol: :lol:

joe

Unread post by joe »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Sorry meant Murdoch, both Oz shisters.
Maxwell was Czech (born Ján Ludvík Hyman Binyamin Hoch).

joe

Unread post by joe »

Macca wrote:
savvypaul wrote:
antonio66 wrote:You say he is "just a kid" savvypaul but he is 13 and should know right from wrong.
If he gets a clip round ear then smashes window as revenge should the manager then be able to flog him?

Yes.
Shot first, then flogged.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

The store manager was stupid.
He should have known he would get the sack so done the job properly and drowned the little bastard.
Our lovely village is absolutely blighted by packs of the little shits swanning around pissing everyone off with their arrogant, self-obsessed belligerent behaviour. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire!
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Its genetic and hormonal, all 13 year old boys have the energy rise that creates it. Good parents make good children control it, bad parents let you suffer from it. An old fashioned copper knew all about it. I remember talking to one when I was a teenager. He said the only way to control the little bastards is to make them scared of you, so they then behave. Back then a teacher a Policeman a parent had the power to use controlled violence to make them give acceptable behaviour, well most of them some were not stopped by anything even back then.

It is completely natural and is seen in all primate groups and gangs. The elders give the young nearly adults a good bite or clout to make them know what the limits are. OK in Victorian times and after it was probably taken too far and became just child abuse, now we have gone too far the opposite way, with equally distressing consequences, now not for the kid but their victims. We constantly try to create balance, in this case we need another change back, as long as not too far.

kimangelis
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

For once I agree with Doc. There is a balance to be struck (pun?). The boy is probably a little shit but one cannot respond to shit behaviour with, well shit behaviour. Having said that I was brought into line at the ripe age of 13 by a policeman who filled me with fear. Otherwise I would be writing this on prison notepaper. I wasn't slapped by the copper, but was informed of the error of my ways. Discipline if not assumed should be enforced.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Control through fear is not really control , it is delayed abstinence . There will come a time when the teenager you are trying to control will no longer fear you.
Additionally fear must be based on the threat of and ultimately the act of violence and once again control based on violence is not control , it is North Korea.

My children do not fear me or their mother , but they are all in the top sets at school , well behaved and socially responsible. Why , because of the culture they are brought up in and because there are tangible benefits they can see and appreciate to playing by societies rules and they all have hopes and ambitions that they have prospects of achieving by playing the game .

Now if I lived in Oldham with no money and no job , living on a council estate that was in a state of disrepair , with low level crime ignored by the authorities because of lack of resources and money , how do you suppose they would behave and how do you suppose I would control them . Children you must play by societies rules and you will get on in life "what like you , you unemployed waster living in a shit house on a shit estate"

As a 13 year old , I was just such a lad . Living in poverty with a single parent , no respect for anything and just doing exactly what I wanted . Had it not been for a change of school and making some middle class friends , I would probably have been in prison . My brother spent 12 years in prison .

You do not control people through fear of violence [ my children are feared of losing their x-box ;) ] you control them by offering then a fair society that as something for everyone regardless of ability , that is meritocratic , as a sense of belonging and community and as a just distribution of resources and as equal life experience as is possible .

of course teenagers are pricks , but their level of the disobedience is controlled by their material conditions not fear .

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Control through fear is not really control , it is delayed abstinence . There will come a time when the teenager you are trying to control will no longer fear you.
Additionally fear must be based on the threat of and ultimately the act of violence and once again control based on violence is not control , it is North Korea.

My children do not fear me or their mother , but they are all in the top sets at school , well behaved and socially responsible. Why , because of the culture they are brought up in and because there are tangible benefits they can see and appreciate to playing by societies rules and they all have hopes and ambitions that they have prospects of achieving by playing the game .

Now if I lived in Oldham with no money and no job , living on a council estate that was in a state of disrepair , with low level crime ignored by the authorities because of lack of resources and money , how do you suppose they would behave and how do you suppose I would control them . Children you must play by societies rules and you will get on in life "what like you , you unemployed waster living in a shit house on a shit estate"

As a 13 year old , I was just such a lad . Living in poverty with a single parent , no respect for anything and just doing exactly what I wanted . Had it not been for a change of school and making some middle class friends , I would probably have been in prison . My brother spent 12 years in prison .

You do not control people through fear of violence [ my children are feared of losing their x-box ;) ] you control them by offering then a fair society that as something for everyone regardless of ability , that is meritocratic , as a sense of belonging and community and as a just distribution of resources and as equal life experience as is possible .

of course teenagers are pricks , but their level of the disobedience is controlled by their material conditions not fear .
+1
And you definitely won't be reading such insights in The Sun...and Express, Mail, Star (unless it's the Morning Star)
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/