on line auction bidding cock up

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

Re: on line auction bidding cock up

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

He as gone ahead and Beobloke as already offered to buy them

jayman67
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jayman67 »

lol ive moved on from the monitor audio's,im using mordaunt short signifers now :)
the ns1000's have been paid for and they are being collected sometime this week,the auctioneer said they were from a big house full of hi end hifi and were in full working order there. :guiness;
Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

If they were his taste in speakers I wonder what the rest was.

jayman67

this is the auction picture,i think the stuff on top came from the same guy,dont know what it is though.

Yamaha NS1000M speakers,Pioneer PLC-590 turntable,,Alphason HR-100S-MCS/Zeta tonearms,Denon 103sa cartridge ,Sony 700ES Amp,Sony X555ES CD Player, Nakamichi ca5 pre amp.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

They actually sound more 'modern' than you'd think and the bass was in a sealed box so didn't boom. Most neutral with mid control backed off a third and the tweeter control backed off half that amount. They seemed to NEED loads of power if they're not to sound 'HiFi' and 'airless' but that's just me I suppose. I had mine for a couple of years or so in the mid to late 80's and could never get past a slightly 'synthetic and dead' quality in the upper mids they had. Maybe a far more powerful amp than I had available would have suited them better. The grilles are wonderful for stopping kids punch the drivers, but acoustically, they're total rubbish and best avoided. Nice this pair have them still though, although the mesh over the bass units seems missing - it could rattle so maybe that's why it's gone.

The Signifers were a bit old fashioned sounding - slightly 'dry' I remember, but I loved them at the time and they could take being used closer to the wall than most other larger stand-mounters.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

jayman67

cheers dave,i look forward to hearing them,no all the drivers have their mesh intact,its the non m versions that dont have bass mesh.
i was very much taken by the signifers,so much so i sold my ditton 66;s
as you can imagine ive been reading up on them and the 'need power' up them comment has been said a few times,my sony 700es should be ok on that front i hope.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I will have a little bet with myself that you prefer what you have.