The Narrative Response .

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Daniel Quinn

The Narrative Response .

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

I am pleased to see this forum is the only hifi forum [ only uk forum ?] with no comments on last nite.

There is really is nothing to say publicly .

So what is it about our population that it is considered acceptable to offer a cacophony of narcissistic melodramatic comment?
People tagging themselves on social media as safe who did not attend the concert
People personalising it , I have children , once when to that arena , Manchester , I have a Adrianna Cd , I have a friend with the same name as someone who died
People offering trite platitudes, stay strong , we will not be defeated , carry on as normal
Telling us how they feel about it
Imaging Manchester is a consensual entity instead of the disparate populace it is, who ordinarily have no time whatsoever for people outside of their social circle
Offering ridiculous explanations on no facts

I have a feeling that our response to this event says more about what is wrong with our society than any criminally insane idiot who learnt to make a bomb ever could .
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Tue May 23, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: The Narrative Response .

Unread post by Classicrock »

Social media and the need to show 'I am here' has become a disease. Posting sympathy for the bereaved and injured is perfectly acceptable but we don't need to know who is carrying on regardless as that is a given if you are not directly affected. I now see some are even stretching this to blame Jeremy Corbyn for not being tough on terrorists. Perhaps the election should at least take a rest until next week out of respect. We could do with a pause in the brick throwing.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Simon Hickie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

It comes in a similar category to "signing the book of condolence after Princess Di's death". Social media just exacerbates the problem - now you don't even need to queue.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Social media is a convenient outlet for the self-centred to self-justify their prejudices and unwittingly lay bare their own insecurities. And so are some forums. Mercifully, not this one.

Grief is a private matter. Empathy is not about making the loudest noise.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

I am pleased to see this forum is the only hifi forum [ only uk forum ?] with no comments on last nite.
Well, I think this classes as comments on last night, so pleased to see audio-talk as "the only hifi forum [ only uk forum ?] with no comments on last nite"

Daniel Quinn

Lurcher some of the points you make must be tongue in cheek ;)

but I apologise I forgot to look at the 2nd most intelligent hifi forum .

edit - I have just looked , and I am tempted to say the only reason your forum was exempt was that nobody as posted anything at all today . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Tue May 23, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Simon Hickie

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

Daniel Quinn

coincidentally Stuart Lee was on last nite in Manchester .

the criminally insane idiot with a bomb clearly didn't consider bombing a load of lefty cynics

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

Lurcher some of the points you make must be tongue in cheek ;)
In the absence of any other information, assume all comments I make as such.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Few more votes for the BNP, few more members for The English Defence League, the Muslim terrorists will be very happy about that, in their madness they want an outright war between Muslims and non Muslims, and they believe Allah has told them to do it via Mohammed and the Quran. Should we oblige them or just be British, stiff upper lip, what what! and all that. :lol: :lol:

What do you do :think: I suppose we should remember far more kids have been killed in Syria and Iraq, but nothing ever justifies nothing in this world apart from human nature and human madness.