Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
joe
Posts: 818
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:48 pm
Great Britain

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by joe » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:33 am

Rhetorical question: is it possible to libel someone who is known only by their forum name? I can see the scene in court: 'So, Mr Bigman, you claim that your good name has been sullied. How has this affected you in real life?'

User avatar
savvypaul
Posts: 1079
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:14 pm
Location: Durham
Great Britain

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by savvypaul » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:17 am

I think the bit I would most enjoy is when the judge asks Bigman / Vicky to produce evidence...

Yeah but yeah but nooo, but right yeah, ooohh my god I couldn't bring the evidence cos I was down the chippy wiv Marco and he was snogging Jez, and now he's gone all lezzie cos he sat in the garlic dip, and if you don't believe me you can ask him yourself, and you got a wig and everything, you pervert, so you show me the evidence, and I wasn't even there. Don't believe Savvy, cos he's a right slag, and he doesn't even have valves in his phono stage. This is so unfair...and anyway I already left. Can I have my ten hundred thousand pound now?
"And what I call pleasure you may call pain...I’m talking five-day Tests"

NVA BMU / WTL Versalex / Transfiguration Axia /NVA Phono2 w/ 2nd PSU / GSP Revelation C / Vortexbox Appliance NAS Server / Sonore microRendu USB streamer w/ LPSU / Chord 2Qute USB dac / NVA P90sa / NVA A80MK2 (bass) / NVA A70 MK2 (tweeters) / NVA Cube 1 / NVA TIS MK1 / NVA SSPMK2 / NVA LS6 / NVA AP10H (& 1x additional PS) / Audeze LCD-2

User avatar
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Posts: 26380
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Location: Muppet Labs
Great Britain

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:38 am

I think this fun with Bigman / Vicky should go back to AoS thread, that is where it belongs, as that is his forum home (and shill job centre).

We have had a fun interlude trying to make sense of what the man was stating and asking. It seems to boil down to we were nasty to him and he didn't like it, well there there never mind, have a good cry and sleep on it. Just remember you (Bigman / Vicky) motivate us, without you being daft we have nothing to talk about.

Here hopefully we can attract people who can be critical and coherent, so far I see two Joe and hillsanddalesrover. But its main purpose seems to be served, Audio Talk and Nick have lost their nutcases.

southall-1998
Posts: 2533
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:16 am
Location: Torquay, Devon.
Great Britain

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by southall-1998 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:01 am

To give Bigman his due. Compared to me, he's more coherent! My grammar is terrible.

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Home Hi-Fi Pics & Classifieds UK (On Facebook)

User avatar
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Posts: 26380
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Location: Muppet Labs
Great Britain

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:08 am

Coherence is not grammar. I have no problem understanding what you are saying. In his case it is at the very least open to misunderstanding / misinterpretation and often completely incoherent - brain spew, I call it, where it all comes out mixed up in a rush like a data dump. A less extreme version of Vicky Pollard.

southall-1998
Posts: 2533
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:16 am
Location: Torquay, Devon.
Great Britain

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by southall-1998 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:14 am

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:08 am
Coherence is not grammar. I have no problem understanding what you are saying. In his case it is at the very least open to misunderstanding / misinterpretation and often completely incoherent - brain spew, I call it, where it all comes out mixed up in a rush like a data dump. A less extreme version of Vicky Pollard.
With a touch more refinement :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Home Hi-Fi Pics & Classifieds UK (On Facebook)

alfer
Posts: 1594
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: West Midlands
Great Britain

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by alfer » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:25 am

southall-1998 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:01 am
To give Bigman his due. Compared to me, he's more coherent! My grammar is terrible.

S.
and I wouldn't sell you my HD600s. I love them

southall-1998
Posts: 2533
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:16 am
Location: Torquay, Devon.
Great Britain

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by southall-1998 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 am

alfer wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:25 am
southall-1998 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:01 am
To give Bigman his due. Compared to me, he's more coherent! My grammar is terrible.

S.
and I wouldn't sell you my HD600s. I love them
They're good headphones!

I'll give you £500 to divorce them :mrgreen:

S.
Shane Lonergan.

Home Hi-Fi Pics & Classifieds UK (On Facebook)

User avatar
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Posts: 26380
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:26 pm
Location: Muppet Labs
Great Britain

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:03 pm

Off topic :roll:

User avatar
Lindsayt
Posts: 2363
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 pm
Marshall Islands

Re: Richard Dunn - what a nice handsome young man

Unread post by Lindsayt » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:52 pm

Bigman80 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:26 pm

I disagree with you Lindsayt,

Yes i have been vocal and combative with my words towards the Doc but it is in retaliation for the continued insults and humiliation thrust upon me by the Doc and his disciples. There was an opportunity for him to address me in person (you too) at the bakeoff and say anything he wanted about my internet presence to my face but did not. Neither did any one else in that room other than Dave Brooks who seemed a decent guy. Rather than deal with me face to face hid himself away from that confrontation. Nothing was said and he didn't even acknowledge my existence until I introduced myself. It was all he could manage to murmur any words. He and those who joined in, started this war of words with ME. Don't get it twisted.
There were about 16 people in the room at the phono bake-off. 2 of them I knew from previous events. 5 of them introduced themselves to me at the bake off. 2 more introduced themselves in the pub afterwards.

You did not introduce yourself to me.

Did you introduce yourself to Richard Dunn at the bake-off?




What did you expect? Did you expect Richard Dunn to say "Which one of you is Bigman80?" And then go on to have some sort of raging argument with you in front of everyone else? That would have been disrespectful to the host and the other guests at the bake-off.


If you want to arrange a face to face "I'm going to tell you what I think of your forum posting style" meeting then there's every chance that Richard Dunn would tell you exactly what he thinks of your online behaviour.
The phono bake off was NOT such an event. It was a phono bake-off.

However, if during the bake-off you had said "Hi, I'm Bigman and I think the Firebottle stages sound the best because..." then there's every chance that Richard would have expressed his views on this in an honest, open and direct manner.



And yes, during the bake-off I did have a nice chat with Richard - IE we did address each other.
Also after we heard the track through the phono stage of my Akai, he asked me what I thought to which I said "It sounded a bit fuzzy" to which he agreed and then he added that it also sounded a bit small - which is fair comment.


And Bigman80, I think you may be mixing up open and honest discussion and freely expressed opinions with a lot of truth to them with "insults and humiliation"

Some people would describe me as a "disciple" of Richard Dunn simply because I'm an active poster of this forum. I think that would be a gross over-simplification of my relationship with Richard. Anyway, as far as I know I have never insulted or humiliated you - unless you see me disagreeing with some of the things that you've said as insulting and humiliating?


Bigman80, please feel free to post links to anywhwere that you have been insulted and humiliated by Richard Dunn or anyone associated with him (his disciples as you put it).

Post Reply