Black Friday

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Black Friday

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have you lot, I have NVA owners who aren't here, they know and understand. There is much word of mouth promotion and also forum discussion elsewhere in Europe, but there is also politics on those forums, but at least NVA can be discussed. Here we are banned from the three forums that carry weight of membership numbers, so how do I break past this censorship, which is deliberate to try and damage NVA. How do I reach new people. Something that draws attention to us, as you see from yourselves if I can get people to try then we normally have them. That was the point with the starter system, minimum profit, get customers who then upgrade. It has worked but recently the momentum has gone out of it. Note how the forums are now trying to block us from Bake-Offs as we dared to show how good NVA is at the ones we were finally allowed to attend.

This is why I am asking your opinions of things like Black Friday. The process that would really do the job and the one I wanted to do was to run a loan scheme for new users, but it has to be on other forums as there is no point for me with existing users, so they are scared of it so they banned it. It would be nice to find a way to do it via eBay, but it can't be done, they will see it as me trying to bypass them.

I am open to all and any ideas. I am not so much looking for increased sales but being able to get more people to hear NVA.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have always said, sales are not important as they take care of themselves IF I can get people to listen. So my motivation has always been to find ways to get people to listen to NVA in their own systems, in their own room, with their own music. That is the only honest and real way to make good choices.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Just thinking out loud, should we make more effort to draw people here to this forum. I said I don't want a loan scheme for existing customers, it is too complicated to run, and doesn't serve the need, which is to get more people to listen to NVA. Perhaps I should start a loan scheme here just for the starter system (P20 / A20 / cables) for non NVA users, hoping to attract new members here to take advantage of it. It is a poor substitute for going to them, but I am forced to try and get them to come here.

Opinions. Any existing non NVA user members here up for it.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

I think AOS draws people to this forum out of curiosity. Marcos very visible anti NVA statements draw attention and some will investigate. A thinking person will draw conclusions from the review section as they are written by those who have bought NVA equipment and do not have a back hander agenda.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

When clients come to me for LP12 servicing and/or my upgrades they listen to the results of my work via NVA phono/amps/interconnects/speaker cables and doc mod speakers.

I do what I can to promote your business Doc but think you idea of a loan scheme for your entry level products is a good one, after all I am amazed with the performance of my P50 and A20 amps but perhaps I'm too happy at he moment and should upgrade asap :grin:

Perhaps I should open an AI lounge here too, but I get little time for posting /discussing etc and I'm happy with my level of business as it stands now.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Ithilstone »

I said it earlier, Facebook NVA Page easiest and free way to let people know about NVA and possibly loan scheme

For my part I will take my all 3 amps to all future headphone mini meets where my (lets call it statement amp) AH10+BBPSU will
draw a lot of attention then it should be easy for people to try little brothers and that will generate interest in NVA brand
where web page and FB would be again easiest way to communicate.

that's my ideas for younger generation.

for older ones, lets call it non-FB or pre-FB users I have no idea sorry

If you create a an online loan scheme web page I am more than happy to share it on all social media
I am sure that most of other users here using those will do the same
you can even add a condition to sign up as a member here before gear will be send
So you will get double bonus - people will be introduce to NVA sound and will come here to hopefully read and share
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

The starter system loan scheme is ideal...the challenge is getting it in front of people.

So, thinking out loud etc...don't dismiss anything, just yet.

Facebook page dedicated to the loan scheme (and background info / reading about NVA) - easy for people to share with friends. NVA users can also post images and reviews of their own systems. Minimal maintenance needed if set up correctly.

Some adjustments to https://www.nvahifi.co.uk to promote the loan scheme. You can also make more of what sets NVA apart - the philosophy, history and pricing. (I know it's already there, if you look, but it can be a good deal more prominent).

This is the sort of stuff I do for a living...for my own website and as a consultant for others. I'm happy to give a chunk of spare time to help you get the message out.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

The entry system loan scheme for non NVA users is a brilliant idea but as Paul says it is getting exposure that is the problem.

If a facebook page is set up then we will all "like" it for sure. it is a good idea but the momentum needs to be kept up.

Which forums are you not banned from Doc :think: where the loan scheme could possibly be played out ?
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

OK been out waiting while Nadia finds a coat to go Moscow in so she doesn't freeze - tk maxx and M&S - 2 hours wasted - no coat - :angry-fire:

I haven't a clue what any of you are talking about, my understanding of social media apart from forums is zero. BUT I am sure you are making good suggestions. The website and ebay listings have been done by Terry Booth for me, and he does the tech here and at the website. I suggest we start a sort of committee with Savvy and Ithilstone working with Terry. I am sure you can come up with something brilliant, can you work together via PM or email. Decide between you who would be best for what.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

I can't help with Facebook - try to avoid it as much as possible, but the idea of having an entry for NVA on there makes sense. Given the desire to get younger people to appreciate "hi-fi" generally, the starter system with a dock or mini jack plug cable, included in the package, suitable for 'phone input could be a seller (university digs system?).
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1