Black Friday

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: Black Friday

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Ebay make you put the number available, seeing as I build to order a meaningless request and number so I normally put in 11 or 21, and the number on that listing ran out during the Black Hubbub, and so much Hubbub I didn't notice. Back up now but at real price.

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:47 am PLEASE NOTE - I am putting up a separate thread "Black Friday orders request for delayed delivery" for those who want delayed shipment. Please go there and give your ebay name and order and when you want delivery. Anyone not listed there then stuff will be sent to when it is ready, as to not do so will be another source for confusion.
Great idea Doc... well done Sir

Andy-831
Great Britain

Unread post by Andy-831 »

Berty bass wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:44 pm
wiicrackpot wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:22 am P.S. was looking to buy the Phono 2 but wasn't available.
Sorry, that might have been me who whipped that first! :grin:
When I logged into ebay at 12.20am to check if there was any Phono 2,s listed (Doc had said he did not think he had enough cases to actually offer the Phono 2 as part of the event.) it said there was 3 available I took one there and then. In the morning I looked again and it still said 2 available I sent Berty a pm as I knew he was after one and he clearly managed to secure one. It then said 1 left, but not sure who nabbed the third, or as Doc says maybe there was only actually 2 available and me and Berty nabbed them.

Andy
Analogue
401 / PU7 / AT33ev
Longdog Audio Quartz Garrard PSU.
Longdog Audio Phono stage (MCj1)
Digital
NVA BMU.
Innuos Zen / Caiman Seg and Dorado
Cambridge CXC
Amps
Tron Seven Linestage.
Bel Canto Set 40, or LDA 300B Set Monoblocks
Speakers
Tannoy GRF Memory.
Tannoy ST100 Supertweeters

Berty bass
Great Britain

Unread post by Berty bass »

Andy-831 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:31 pm
Berty bass wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:44 pm
wiicrackpot wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:22 am P.S. was looking to buy the Phono 2 but wasn't available.
Sorry, that might have been me who whipped that first! :grin:
When I logged into ebay at 12.20am to check if there was any Phono 2,s listed (Doc had said he did not think he had enough cases to actually offer the Phono 2 as part of the event.) it said there was 3 available I took one there and then. In the morning I looked again and it still said 2 available I sent Berty a pm as I knew he was after one and he clearly managed to secure one. It then said 1 left, but not sure who nabbed the third, or as Doc says maybe there was only actually 2 available and me and Berty nabbed them.

Andy
Yes, thanks for the heads up, Andy. As I was at work i’d not really noticed there were so few available, to be honest. Apologies to those i’ve deprived. :roll:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Well its a lot calmer now no orders since 7am, so perhaps we should call this white or empty Saturday. As the day progressed yesterday every time I looked at my emails it was :shock: but it has been fun and good experience, and call it maybe psychological or crowd psychi or what have you this really works in motivating people to buy, yes the price, but the momentum of the thing I think also draws people in, they want to join in the fun. IF I do it again next year it won't be 30% discount, that seems to motivate you lot too much :lol:

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Ha ha ! :lol: Always on he lookout for a sound bargain Doc!

But seriously, good for you (and on you) Sir.

:guiness;

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Lupus-Dei
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lupus-Dei »

Good morning all.

I had been mulling upon trying Ballanced mains for quite a while now, Richards Black Friday sale made it a veritable no brainer.

Sold by nenevalleyaudio ( 4615 ) - Hide additional actions
NVA - BMU (balanced mains unit)
Item price £ 350.00
Quantity 1
Item number 222409372622

Strangely Whilst completing the PayPal transaction I did not notice the usual option to add additional information! Mind you I was on a mobile phone at the time and may have missed it.

Richard, I sent a follow up message to the effect that I would like the unit to be supplied with Schuko receptacles and further inquired whether It could be supplied with a 5 meter mains cable ?

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

OK

Lupus-Dei
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lupus-Dei »

Ta Muchly Richard.