U.F.O's

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Lurcher300b
Has thanked: 0

Re: U.F.O's

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

To quote wiki "string theory potentially provides a unified description of gravity and particle physics", both gravity and particle physics and observed things, so yes, it is based on observations.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

to quote me "bollocks"

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

The old DQ is back :dance:

Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Ithilstone »

Well there is a proof that life do not need to base on carbon - an it is here on earth
so it might means that there are way more planets holding some kind of life that we believed
it just not necessary carbon based life
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 04183.html
https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/s ... c_monolake
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

we are the only live thing in our universe, just because its possible deosnt mean it will happen.

we are an accident surrunded by space , the rest is navel gazing or employment to a few theoritical physcits

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Nope, it is understanding infinity, when you understand that anything is possible.

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:37 pm we are the only live thing in our universe, just because its possible deosnt mean it will happen.

we are an accident surrunded by space , the rest is navel gazing or employment to a few theoritical physcits
We are not the only living thing in our universe. Indeed life is so abundant on earth that I am not even the only living thing inhabiting my own clothes! :lol: :lol:

I'm guessing that you probably meant "intelligent" life but even that remains to be proven. (The intelligent part anyway!)

I believe that the limitless expanse of the universe will give rise to uncountable opportunities for life (infinite chances of an unlikely event will still give infinite positive results because that's how infinity works.)
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

Lurcher300b

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:57 pm Nope, it is understanding infinity, when you understand that anything is possible.
Well, as you said you gave up on Maths with Logs, I think the chance of any real understanding of Infinity is small. Given that Infinity is a mathematical concept, and Transfinite mathematics is part of set theory.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Lurcher300b wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:03 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:57 pm Nope, it is understanding infinity, when you understand that anything is possible.
Well, as you said you gave up on Maths with Logs, I think the chance of any real understanding of Infinity is small. Given that Infinity is a mathematical concept, and Transfinite mathematics is part of set theory.
Understand conceptually.

Lurcher300b

So, we have someone who doesn’t do maths claiming understanding of a mathematical concept, and someone legally trained feeling qualified to judge the worth of theoretical physics.

Comments like "We don't know do we, but again in an infinite universe anything is possible." are just wrong, if something is impossible, then it doesn't become possible given enough area for it to not happen in.

No matter how many times you throw a six sided dice, it will never land on seven.