U.F.O's

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
SteveS57
Great Britain

Re: U.F.O's

Unread post by SteveS57 »

The Sumerian tablets in the British museum have another slant on life as we know it, they are on the lines of the bible ( old test) in many ways,
And it seems lots of things in modern society are documented in their tablets from 6000 years ago.

There are quite a few (crackpots?) on utube proclaiming it as our real history, but there is some logic in it....

Unfortunately more logic than was ever tought in school about how we evolved
I think there is something in it, as an engineer the tablets seem give a plausible account for many of the ancient artefacts and building in world which are still not explained
Who knows

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Lindsayt wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:45 am Time travel is probably impossible. Entropy and all that.

Time travel as depicted in films and TV is extremely implausible as they're not just travelling in time they're travelling an unfeasibly huge distance extremely precisely. It's just lazy unimaginitive film-making when they materialise standing on the ground a la Terminator. Somewhere out in space would be far more likely.
We all do a little bit of time travelling every day as your head is travelling at a different time to your feet.
I've listened to good ole Brian Cox many times trying to understand time/space but it just blows my little brain to bits every time! :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

I think you have to understand quantum mechanics in order to appreciate where Brian Cox and his ilk is coming from. Perhaps this is why Brian May is a half decent guitarist.

Alfa
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

using the argument "it was all impossible once" to justify all possible future events is fallacious

what most people think of as ufos (life on other planets) is just a joke sad people take seriously. the simple fact is luck and eventually entropy is all therecis

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

There is bound to be other life where the conditions allow it. We are extra terrestrial, life in dormant form is floating around in free space as a virus or bacteria or similar in a dormant state like a seed, it is in comets, asteroids, space dust that hits us all the time. All it needs is one to split / divide to reproduce and *life* will develop and expand to fill and use every opportunity. Basically we (life) are a disease of the universe, going around polluting suitable planets.

Daniel Quinn

the point is conditions for life exist nowhere but earth.

the rest of the place is either ; two hot, cold, two dark, etc .

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Life as we know it Dan, based on carbon.. Could some life be based on silicon I wonder?

Anyways, good to have you back from the brink and I like you signature.

I suffered a brain haemorrhage and a subsequent stroke some 12 years ago and I too do not like AOS!

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Daniel Quinn wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:21 pm the point is conditions for life exist nowhere but earth.

the rest of the place is either ; two hot, cold, two dark, etc .
How do you know. The universe in our terms is infinite. The chances are that somewhere else in this universe there is another DQ living in a town called Preston. That is the point of infinity, anything is possible. Earth condition planets in just this galaxy are estimated at hundreds if not thousands. They call them the Goldilocks planets (not too hot not too cold). Water is the key.

Daniel Quinn

as we came from simple carbon life forms is is safe to assume all life is derived this way

Daniel Quinn

there is not. string theory is mathatical gobble de gook