Proud of you lot

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Proud of you lot

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am proud of you lot, recently this forum has become what I hoped it would be, honesty, good people, good knowledge, no over inflated egos, a sense of humour, no smut, internal forum conflict controlled, intelligent discussion of all things, not only hi-fi, as a vehicle for those being censored by other forums, for those banned from other forums. This forum is way ahead as a tool for enthusiasts and for simple entertainment and education than any other hi-fi forum I frequent to read (apart from Audio Talk for DIY).

:clap:

karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Proud of you lot

Unread post by karatestu »

I hope i can say thanks to you too from all of us. :clap:

Since i joined in January i have made 728 posts which just goes to show how much i like this place. You have helped me soooo much and everyone has been so friendly (not a viper's pit at all). My system has come on leaps and bounds and there is more to come, mainly from the advice i have got and what i have read here.

Everybody keep up the good work :grin: :guiness;
DIY FREE ZONE

antonio66
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by antonio66 »

This is still by far and away the best forum for me. It's more than 2 yrs since I joined and I have learnt much from the Doc and members on here. Although I don't do diy, I have enjoyed many of the threads. Not only that I now have the most enjoyable system I have ever owned. To everyone on here :dance: :clap:

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

karatestu wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:13 pm I hope i can say thanks to you too from all of us. :clap:

Since i joined in January i have made 728 posts which just goes to show how much i like this place. You have helped me soooo much and everyone has been so friendly (not a viper's pit at all). My system has come on leaps and bounds and there is more to come, mainly from the advice i have got and what i have read here.

Everybody keep up the good work :grin: :guiness;
antonio66 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:56 pm This is still by far and away the best forum for me. It's more than 2 yrs since I joined and I have learnt much from the Doc and members on here. Although I don't do diy, I have enjoyed many of the threads. Not only that I now have the most enjoyable system I have ever owned. To everyone on here :dance: :clap:
Same goes for me..

Many years ago when a member of pfm the Doc was too. He began getting abuse (due to his beliefs and posting style). I thought to myself this guy knows his stuff but these pfm folk are not reading into his message for what it was. Doc was only trying to help them after all but he was banned by Lonergan. Doc then started up HFS and I have not looked back. My knowledge is improving and my humble system is really delivering for a modest outlay. I am surprised by some other people who cannot grasp the Doc's philosophy forged over many years in the PA and audio industry.

So my thanks go out to our Doc for having what it takes to rise above the noise and abuse. Well done and thank you for your knowledge, excellent products and the resultant superb musical enjoyment.

It's a pleasure to be on board, even if I cannot give much to this forum in the form of broad knowledge at the very least I will continue to support the Doc & NVA when I can. I only wish I had the space and funds for his Statement products.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Aye, this is a good forum.
Provided a good place to be after I had a rather unfortunate run-in with the pitchfork and torch mob, trying to get the Doc banned from Audio-Talk, lost it completely with them and walked.

Since then, I've returned to Audio Talk. Don't feel I'm completely rehabilitated there yet as I'm far too vague, erratic and imprecise to really be on a high quality DIY forum. I now keep my gob firmly shut about circuit design as I've long ago hit the limit of my abilities, failed to keep up with the literature :lol:

I've been banned from AoS for pulling up a number of clueless dickheads over Class II construction during the frankly shameful, now deleted alleged attempt to damage NVA.

As with Stu, the Doc has been instrumental in helping me develop my own semi-omni speaker concept, and if I'm being honest, this forum is the best place to discuss this.
I found out the hard way that writing about any speaker concept that could (however tenuously) be associated with Richard on any platform other than this one, was an open invitation to be scorned and humiliated. It hurt badly at the time, but fuck it, you have to move on.
I'm pleased though that a chap on the AT forum has built an omni flooder speaker system for a kitchen, and is pleased with it.

Oh and as with quite a few people on here, the sound of my home system has never been better and it is no coincidence, that being active on here has coincided with that improvement.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

This is a good forum. People who you can disagree with and have a civil discussion. Too many people elsewhere who are obnoxious know-it-alls with closed minds. Check out the Brexit thread on TAS dominated by that francophile accountant.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

The only hifi forum that has consistently held my interest. Cheers.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

David Brook
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by David Brook »

Get off the forum and make some stuff RD (LOL)

Its a much nicer place since I joined :grin:
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: MCRU

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Work, stop for break and tea slurp, see whats on forum, answer any, then back to the soldering iron. Been at it since 10am (I get up late) and will be at it probably until midnight. Went to Tesco though, sorry :oops:

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Dont drink too much tea doc otherwise you will be runing for a pee every 5 mins
DIY FREE ZONE