The Postman / Royal Mail

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

The Postman / Royal Mail

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am a late riser and late worker. I don't emerge into reality until 10am. Wander down stairs to get the post to find one of their red notes that a parcel has been put in Green Recycling Bin, no other information. Well today is rubbish collection day, and the truck had been and gone = empty bin.

So it could be something I ordered, it could be a return for repair, even an amplifier for repair, could be anything, I haven't a clue. Local sorting office says we will tell the postman off, they refuse to do anything else.

Moral of the story never send anything unless you ask for a signature, then they can't (in theory) put it in the dustbin or throw it over the fence.

So if it is from any of you, I suppose we find out in the end when it hasn't been received.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: The Postman / Royal Mail

Unread post by savvypaul »

They are only 'authorised' to do that if you have notified them of a nominated 'safe place'.

If there is a subsequent financial loss, it may be possible to pursue.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

What sort of eeeediot puts an item that they are supposed to be delivering into a receptacle designed for waste items :-?

Doc has said it before but I will reiterate, UPS through Interparcel is far safer and more efficient than Royal Mail and usually cheaper too in my experience.
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

I've never had a postman leave a parcel in a bin. Worst was a record shoved under the garage door on a wet day. They are supposed to leave a card so you can get it re-delivered or pick up from sorting office. This postman should be on a written warning not 'told off'. Also puzzled why council emptied a bin unless it was out on the street for collection. I could understand a parcel being left in a bin at side or back of property.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Shamanic
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Shamanic »

Depends on where you live. We live in a rural location and have had only 2 postmen in 24 years.
Always gone out of their way to accommodate us.
UPS however have lied about deliveries, falsified signatures and left a parcel on the top of a communal
bin for our household waste in the rain. Always found DPD to be reliable but no doubt someone will have
a different experience to tell!

David Brook
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by David Brook »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:05 pm I am a late riser and late worker. I don't emerge into reality until 10am. Wander down stairs to get the post to find one of their red notes that a parcel has been put in Green Recycling Bin, no other information. Well today is rubbish collection day, and the truck had been and gone = empty bin.

So it could be something I ordered, it could be a return for repair, even an amplifier for repair, could be anything, I haven't a clue. Local sorting office says we will tell the postman off, they refuse to do anything else.

Moral of the story never send anything unless you ask for a signature, then they can't (in theory) put it in the dustbin or throw it over the fence.

So if it is from any of you, I suppose we find out in the end when it hasn't been received.
Classic one, courier arrives outside my house which is on the end of a cul de sac, its Tuesday and ALL the green bins are out at the side of the road ready to be emptied. No mistaking what they at the side of the road for anyone with a brian would know.

So courier drives up to house knocks on door (I was across the road at a neighbours house at the time) waits 10 seconds no longer, then guess what?

PUTS THE PACKAGE IN THE GREEN BIN WHICH WAS FULL.

WHAT A MORON.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: MCRU