How to get more visitors to HFS

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: How to get more visitors to HFS

Unread post by savvypaul »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:36 pm CONFLICT

Again I offer a truce on behalf of the members here. First the problems that caused the conflict should be removed, all created by them. The best start would be to re-instate or allow to rejoin (if they wish) all banned members of this forum to the forums concerned, and in return we will do the same. There will be exceptions like the deliberate trouble makers at Snakeoilaudio, but even they could be given a 2nd chance. Remove bans on this forum and NVA being talked about. Then 90% of the reasons for comment about them here will go away. There will be no motivation TO RESPOND!!

Seeing as all the conflicts were created by them in the first place they have to go first - I will not hold my breath though :whistle:

:epopc:
This is a worthwhile suggestion, and should be discussed further. However, that discussion will likely swamp the defined topic of this thread. Could you start a new thread for us to discuss your proposal?
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have offered it over and over again in the past just to be ignored, they think they are winning I presume. I will offer it again in the future when I think people are forgetting how the conflict began and what it is REALLY about. It was Slingers post that required the reply, as if it was in our remit to solve it. Yes by rolling over, dying out, NVA taking on retailers and putting up prices - joining the slurp, EOTW being binned, is it going to happen - nope never.

Simon Hickie

Unread post by Simon Hickie »

Alfi wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:01 am *EDIT*

This sounds better and should put HFS on the first page of a web search but I'm no web expert...
Alfi wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:26 pm
Prefix the HFS domain name Artisan Audio? It wouldn't be a lie that's for sure.

Alfi.
Could be some confusion with Artisan Silver Cables https://www.artisansilvercables.co.uk/

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Fair point, but I was thinking along the lines of Artisan Audio - The Hifisubjectivist - audio equipment and audio industry discussion.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

terrybooth
Great Britain

Unread post by terrybooth »

Refreshed the title. What do people think?
Pioneer PL71/DL103/ Phono2/HiFiPi/P90SA/TIS/CubixPro

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

terrybooth wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:59 pm Refreshed the title. What do people think?
That will do worse in search results than the original. I'll chat with you by PM later.

Please read this earlier post:

The 'Site Title' I referred to in my earlier post is a short set of words (4-8 words depending on length of words) that is inserted into the HTML on the site index page). It is NOT the name, url or description of the site. Think of it as a set of key words that tell Google what the site is. All we are trying to do with the SIte Title is to tell Google that HFS is a HiFi Forum run by NVA designer Richard Dunn. The Site Title displays when you hover over the browser tab, for the homepage of the site at, the top of your browser. The Site Title is also used by Google as the title for individual search results.

The Site Description is, like the Site Title, inserted into the HTML code. Think of it as a key sentence that tells Google what the site is all about and why browsers might want to visit. The Site Description is where we can explain what differentiates HFS from other forums.

Google uses a combination of the Site Title and the Site Description to decide if the site should feature in the search results for any given search request. Other factors, such as how often people click on your link, how long they spend on your site, and how many pages they view, then contribute to the score that decides how high Google pushes your link up the search results.

None of above is rocket science, and it is free to do.

Here are 2 examples:

In the AOS example, above:
URL = theartofsound.net/forum
Site Title = The Art of Sound Forum
Site Description = Hi-fi forum for discussing any aspect of hi-fi; vinyl, turntables, amplifiers, cd players, DACs, loudspeakers, cables, supports and more.
Google has also started to display frequently visited links in the search results: Forum / Private Exhibitions / Analogue Art / The Gallery

Now, compare our own site:

URL = hifisubjectivist.org/
Site Title = not submitted to Google so nothing displays
Site Description = not submitted to Google so nothing displays
2 of the first 4 results returned are for other forums (What Hifi and AOS)
[/quote]
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Another way would be to talk about NVA on forums where we are allowed to be talked about. TAS claim so, but I see excuse made to censor us, so someone try start an NVA thread about a product you like or similar and see if they allow it.

Other forum like What Hi-Fi, The Crossover Network, AVForums, HiFiKabin and loads of others seem to be open to us. I am unsure about Wigwam, they say we are not banned but posts and threads seem to disappear, probably smothered and choked by a badly stained duvet.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

terrybooth wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:59 pm Refreshed the title. What do people think?
You need to access Google Search Console using your google account and register Hi-fi subjectivist. I think it's pretty self explanatory from there.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Hifikabin is primarily a Linn lover's club Doc.

I've been banned from it for my views on Linn :lol: However, they may be open to NVA amplification cables and speakers.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:02 pm Another way would be to talk about NVA on forums where we are allowed to be talked about. TAS claim so, but I see excuse made to censor us, so someone try start an NVA thread about a product you like or similar and see if they allow it.

Other forum like What Hi-Fi, The Crossover Network, AVForums, HiFiKabin and loads of others seem to be open to us. I am unsure about Wigwam, they say we are not banned but posts and threads seem to disappear, probably smothered and choked by a badly stained duvet.
NVA does get mentioned in US forums. Recently came across a thread about extortionate prices. There was a post referring to direct selling of high end equipment below £2000 and £1000. Three companies were referred to and NVA was one.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc