How to get more visitors to HFS

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Classicrock
Great Britain

Re: How to get more visitors to HFS

Unread post by Classicrock »

slinger wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:08 pm
Classicrock wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:53 am Try doing a Google search on hi-fi forums and you will never find it! We need new readers/members other than refugees from AOS and Wam.
Oddly enough, that's exactly how you will find it. Search "hifi forum," singular and it's nowhere, search "hifi forums," plural, and it's on the second page of results. If you add the hyphen so that the search reads "hi-fi forums" it slips to page three of the results. :o

A search for "NVA forum" returns a link on page one of the results to the NVA site "Contact Us" page, which has a link to the forum, but not the forum itself. It does, however, return a link to the "Ban on all discussion of Richard Dunn (NVA) and The Hi-fi Subjectivist" thread on AOS and several NVA reviews on OTHER forums.

As remarked, greater visibility can certainly do no harm and may do some good.
Tried hi-fi forums and it made page 6 this time, page 5 without the hyphen. We need to be on page 1 and above AOS!
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Its their stupid little non threads like one word and three word. There for two reasons 1/ to con google 2/ so Marco can practice his smut.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Threads like 'words daily', 'what's for tea' and 'bad weather for'...

...will not help their performance in search results, and will not do anything for their site ranking, either.

These days, Google is more than sophisticated enough to see through that.

So, they are just left with the smutty and the mundane, or a combination of both...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/