New Site Title & Description drafts

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: New Site Title & Description drafts

Unread post by CN211276 »

I think music should be included.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Lotus Seven S wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:53 am As BB King said to Gary Moore: Too many notes.

I think there are too many words in the description. My eyes sees "too many" and I don't want to bother reading them....

So what about:

HiFi Subjectivist ¦ Audio Forum ¦ Richard Dunn NVA

Don't miss 'Elsewhere on the Web' - the one they tried to ban.
A good point, but not in this context; doesn't give enough information to Google to rank the site positively in search results...and likely not enough on it's own to convince browsers to click through.

Terry and I are looking into whether the description that is shown to Google can be different to the description that is shown at the top of each page. That's normally easy to achieve but the two seem to be 'hard-wired' together in this software. If we can enter them separately then the description for Google can be 300 characters while the message at the top of the page can be shorter - more like a tag line.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Alfi wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:00 pm Or perhaps...

Nene Valley Audio invites you to the Hifi Subjectivist Forum.

Alfi.
Better IMHO.

savvypaul
Great Britain

CN211276 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:53 am I think music should be included.
It won't do any harm but, in the context of what we are trying to achieve, it won't be of any benefit, either.

People looking for a music forum will not be looking for HFS. Discussion of music makes up relatively little of the content here. There are only 8 threads in the 'music Room' which have been posted to in 2018. 3 of those are the 'standing orders' of 'last Listen', 'Last Live Listen' & 'Obits'). 3 of the other 5 threads have less than 10 replies. That is Audioflat levels of inactivity; and in the way that AudioFlat is not really a forum at all, we are not a music forum. In the last 24 hours alone, however, we have posted to 11 different hifi related threads (and yesterday was relatively quiet for us).

If the balance of the content changes in the future, it will be an easy task to reflect that in the Site Description.
I am in the hi-fi trade

savvypaul
Great Britain

George Hincapie wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:30 am

Alfi.
Better IMHO.
Not better in terms of what we want to achieve, I'm afraid.

Using the full name is a waste of 'real estate' for SEO purposes in a title that is limited to 50 characters. Everyone who knows NVA, knows NVA, only some of those know Nene Valley Audio. Which would you be more likely to want to type into Google?
I am in the hi-fi trade

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

Valid point.

We want those who don't know NVA to suddenly realise there's a cost effective option to audio nirvana, where those of us enthusiasts already bought in can welcome and help the "virgins' to become educated about the established rip off merchants - that's the crux isn't it? But could the Doc keep up with demand should the flood gates be opened?

Hifi subjectivist - truth on audio.

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by George Hincapie »

savvypaul wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:02 am
George Hincapie wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:30 am

Alfi.
Better IMHO.
Not better in terms of what we want to achieve, I'm afraid.

Using the full name is a waste of 'real estate' for SEO purposes in a title that is limited to 50 characters. Everyone who knows NVA, knows NVA, only some of those know Nene Valley Audio. Which would you be more likely to want to type into Google?
I meant better than the other options I had read to that point. Personally, I wouldn't mention Richard at all. I think NVA should get a mention, but in terms of the SE spider key words I would focus on basics; amplifier, speakers, headphone amp, passive amp etc.

Search engine optimisation isn't my thing, but I'd rather new members joined because of the things Doc makes and then decide to stay because of the community.

In other words, focus on the products.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

George Hincapie wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:31 pm
I'd rather new members joined because of the things Doc makes and then decide to stay because of the community.

In other words, focus on the products.
Spot on!

But, now that I have NVA I'm spending most ofmy spare time indulging in in wonderful music rather than discussing it or the equipment on line :dance:

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

savvypaul wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:54 am
CN211276 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:53 am I think music should be included.
It won't do any harm but, in the context of what we are trying to achieve, it won't be of any benefit, either.

People looking for a music forum will not be looking for HFS. Discussion of music makes up relatively little of the content here. There are only 8 threads in the 'music Room' which have been posted to in 2018. 3 of those are the 'standing orders' of 'last Listen', 'Last Live Listen' & 'Obits'). 3 of the other 5 threads have less than 10 replies. That is Audioflat levels of inactivity; and in the way that AudioFlat is not really a forum at all, we are not a music forum. In the last 24 hours alone, however, we have posted to 11 different hifi related threads (and yesterday was relatively quiet for us).

If the balance of the content changes in the future, it will be an easy task to reflect that in the Site Description.
Conversely, attracting people who enjoy music as well as hi-fi would boost footfall in the music room. I would suggest that casting a wider net would be a positive move rather than just trying to attract the type of people who already post here. Exactly what demographic are you aiming to entice?

Alternatively, if you don't want to attract punters who like music and could then be educated on the best way to listen to it then it might be better to close the non-hi-fi forum rooms and concentrate on pure hi-fi here, as the prevailing attitude seems to be against non-hi-fi threads.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Threads are for the interest and enjoyment of members. Nothing takes account of none members and doing so would be a slippery slope.

Threads aimed at none members, fuck off.