Selling Equipment

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: Selling Equipment

Unread post by slinger »

When it happened to me I just kept insisting that I would be happy to refund the buyer plus pay any postage incurred by him when sending the CD player back to me. He blustered, sent a very blurry photo which may have been a screwdriver gouge in something that was probably metal (which was the clincher for me, my packing was good and there is no way on God's green earth that the CD player could have developed a gouge like that in transit) and I just kept insisting I'd be happy to refund him. He ended up keeping the unit and giving me positive feedback as well. Go figger, as they say.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

EBay rules stipulate that you are responsible for return postage

Rectified
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Rectified »

Daniel im not interested in the Postage what im interested in is this is a brand spanking new unit used once Powered up a second time before packing it up. The packing was bullet proof original packing. New things just dont fail like that.

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

Just tell him to return it and you will refund him. He isn't entitled to a refund unless he returns item as agreed. You have made the offer and are then in the right. If it isn't faulty he will likely drop the claim realising he isn't going to get it for free. If he won't play ball speak to Ebay and explain the situation. Only accept returns with a tracking number! All this must be done through the Ebay disputes procedure so buyer must start an official dispute if he has a problem.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

Rectified
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Rectified »

Great another topic that is an utter waste of time due to posters not reading a single word i wrote in the o/p