Elon Musk

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Frasernash
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elon Musk

Unread post by Frasernash »

Lurcher300b wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:33 am
Frasernash wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:02 am
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:44 pm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elon_Musk

So who or what is a genius, by any interpretation this man is one. EVERYTHING that has his design or concept name on it will create the biggest changes to our lives.
no one mentions all the thousands of engineers he employs to make it work I agree he is very clever but he is probably aware of the power of using the media to his advantage.
He mentions them all the time, but yes he is also aware of how to use media to his advantage. You say that as if its a bad thing?

He also understands that the way to get into the media AND get things done is to take chances and make bold gestures, for example the battery system he sold to Australia that he offered to get installed within 100 days (when others said he never would) or it would be free. Off the back of that he is now talking to the Australian government about installing solar panels onto 50,000 counsel houses and hooking them into their grid, providing cheaper energy to the residents and putting power back into the system.
[/quot

I Did not mean using the media was a bad thing but its the way of the world that you have to understand the media to work it to your advantage that is something Trump used so effectively.

But as you mention he is a breath of fresh air in the way he does business and is probably one of the great engineers and in many ways Sir Clive Sinclair was an early version of a great inventor who bought great benefits to society.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

He will end up CEO of Apple, that's all you need to know.

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

zebbo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:31 pm I am very impressed with what he has achieved certainly. What I am not so impressed with was the car in space stunt. Ok, so he's developed the largest rocket since the Saturn V, a vehicle capable of launching 60 tons of equipment into space and what's the first thing he does with it? Dumps a piece of useless human junk into the pristine void of outer space! Hmm. :evil:
Might as well start as we mean to go on I guess.
Like throwing a straw in the ocean.... one more piece isn't going to make any difference. Is it..... :think:

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

Hemmo1969 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:22 pm Like throwing a straw in the ocean.... one more piece isn't going to make any difference. Is it..... :think:
A better analogy would be throwing an ice cube into the ocean, so no , its not going to make any difference. The only concern was that it may have hit mars and so infect the biosphere there, but its not on a trajectory where its likely to hit mars or any other planet in the next million years.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Hemmo1969 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:22 pm
zebbo wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:31 pm I am very impressed with what he has achieved certainly. What I am not so impressed with was the car in space stunt. Ok, so he's developed the largest rocket since the Saturn V, a vehicle capable of launching 60 tons of equipment into space and what's the first thing he does with it? Dumps a piece of useless human junk into the pristine void of outer space! Hmm. :evil:
Like throwing a straw in the ocean.... one more piece isn't going to make any difference. Is it..... :think:
Yep, typical human response. Just as we've always done and always will.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

his mum is very nice
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

guydarryl wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm his mum is very nice
I’ve heard she smells nice

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

:guiness;
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

Lurcher300b

zebbo wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:13 pm
Hemmo1969 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:22 pm
Yep, typical human response. Just as we've always done and always will.
We are talking about a car in orbit around the sun, if you think that is a case of littering then I don’t think you understand the scale involved. Yes, there is a problem with litter in LEO, and there are plans to try and clean that up, but the launch of the Falcon Heavy didn’t have anything to do with leaving stuff there.

Lurcher300b

Daniel Quinn wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:22 am He will end up CEO of Apple, that's all you need to know.
I think the point about Musk is his ambition goes far beyond something trivial like that.