Car for 21 year old learner

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Lindsayt
Nauru

Re: Car for 21 year old learner

Unread post by Lindsayt »

The car does have a couple of things in common with the Veyron.

Honda Jazz's would probably be good for the insurance, due to them tending to be a more mature person's car. The early ones seem a bit disappointing for the fuel economy with them having similar real world mpg to my (sadly departed) 2003 Volvo S60 D5.
The Honda Insight MK 1 would be great choice if we could find one at a reasonable price with the IMA battery pack in reasonable nick.

A 1999 small engined car like a mini would be £160 road tax per year in the UK. We do have some annoyingly illogical car road tax rules in this country.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

We bought a 2002 Audi TDi 1.4 yesterday for £1000.
It has leather seats, air con, sunroof.

It's not bad to drive and be in for a little car.

21 year old drove it today. I'll be focusing on getting him comfortable at stopping quickly and slowing down. And then on him focusing on what's going on around him. At the moment he's quite a dangerous person to have on the roads. Tunnel visioned with a tendency to go barrelling along and dubious decision making.
EG we were driving behind a car on a residential road, doing 25 mph and he asked if he should overtake. That's the influence from him from sitting as a passenger in his mates' cars...

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

I 'm glad he listens to you. My 9 yr old son won't listen to me when i try to give him some drum tution and we end up falling out. He never argues with his professional drum tutor though.
DIY FREE ZONE

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

karatestu wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:31 am I 'm glad he listens to you. My 9 yr old son won't listen to me when i try to give him some drum tution and we end up falling out. He never argues with his professional drum tutor though.
Exactly the point I made earlier.
When it comes to driving they will know far more than you within a few hours! :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol: