A message of support

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Latteman
Great Britain

Re: A message of support

Unread post by Latteman »

Echo all the above- best wishes, peter
Analogue Source -
Denon DP47f- Ortofon mc20 supreme
Ifi Zen Phono
Doug Self balanced Pre amp
Akai 4000DS mk2 R2R
Digital Sources- IfI stream, Ifi Neo idsd Dac; Tidal / Radio Paradise
Amplification Nva 30vdc mono blocks
Speakers Lii Audio F-15 in Open Baffle; Ls6
Weiduka AC8.8- for digital sources
Mini BMU for analog sources

valvesRus
Great Britain

Unread post by valvesRus »

Hi Stu, I'm in a quiet and reflective mood this morning, so I'll send you some loving and comforting thoughts through the ether. :)

Vinyl-ant
Great Britain

Unread post by Vinyl-ant »

What's kept me going in times like you're having is an absolute utter dogged refusal to let go of what's important. It's also given me the strength to let go when there's no other choice.
Keep the faith stu, support is there, never be afraid to use it. and remember it's not all up to you to deal with all on your own. Do whatever works to get through. Theres no shame in asking for or accepting help that is offered. It took me a long time and a lot of soul searching to figure that out
Best wishes
Ant
Analogue: oracle delphi sme 309, jbe series 3 cx unipivot dv20x2l, roksan xerxes tabriz vm750, jvc ql-y5f rigb at440, jvc ql-y3f vm750, lenco 75, technics sl150

Phono stages: cole lcr, benedict audio hothead

Digital: cyrus cd7, wiim mini x2, topping e30, jds labs el dac 2+

Amplification: nelson pass b1, nelson pass f5

Speakers: 15" fane aperiodic wardrobes

Cans: myryad z40, hifiman sundara + deva, fostex t50rp, sennheiser momentum on ear +over ear, b&w p5 and p7

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Thanks for all your kind words, it really means a lot.

Another rainy day in Yorkshire doesn't do much for the spirits but my Mother has made some progress against the odds. It's not easy caring for somebody who doesn't know where they are or why they are there so a big round of applause for the staff at York District Hospital.

Some of you may know the feeling of being in the critical care unit and you get asked to go to the family room to talk with the consultant. I had this a few times with my Dad over the last years of his life ( a very sad story) so i knew what was coming the first time it happened with my Mum. You get told they are likely not going to pull through and do you have DNR or power of attorney blah blah. Had that twice recently and it doesn't get any easier to cope with.

My Mother must have some inner strength that is all i can say. Its not her dementia that is the problem but it makes things much harder because you can not get any sense out of her and when you do you don't know if you can trust the answers she gives. Anyway, if she carries on like this then maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel although there is a long way yet to get out of the woods.

Regards, Stu
DIY FREE ZONE

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Hope for the best and plan for the worst is something I was once told. Complete bollocks, obviously, because it's virtually impossible to do both. I sort of get what it means though, and maybe you will, mate. The worst situation to be in is trying to be "strong" for everyone else and going to bed every night knowing that there's nobody to be strong for you and beating the crap out of the drums has stopped working. That's when you need to talk to someone about how you feel, anyone, even me if it gets that desperate. ;)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

Sending you over a big Yorkshire hug fella.

guydarryl

Unread post by guydarryl »

Hi,

Very sorry to hear about your current situation - had similar with my mum over the last few years.

Guy.
LP12, Ittok, DV10X5, Phono2(twin supply), P50SA , Art Audio Quintet, LS5, SSC, Rega Ela mk1
Sony cdp xb930, Alessandro ms1

karatestu
Great Britain

Thanks so much. Big Yorkshire hugs are the best.

I have a day off visiting as my mum's elder sister is going. Need a bit of time doing nothing and recharging those batteries.
DIY FREE ZONE

NSNO2021
Great Britain

Unread post by NSNO2021 »

Hi Stu, just checking back in after a week away from the forum and I want to pass on my support for you and your family. Wishing you all the best in these testing times
Modified Airlink BPS 3110S with LDA DC filter
TTs, Kenwood KD 8030 with AT OC9XSH, Opera Consonance Wax Engine mk2 with modified Apheta 2 MC cart, PT TOO awaiting restoration.
LDA MCJ3 phono,Schiit Freya plus pre amp, NAD M23, Audiolab 9000 CD transport, Denafrips Pontus 2 DAC, Mano Ultra2 streamer, Cisco switch, Audio Technica ATH 70 cans, Serhan Swift Mu2 mk2 speakers & NSNO W48.5 speaker cables

karatestu
Great Britain

Cheers.

Things are looking up, i just didn't want to tempt fate. The thing now is worrying about her getting bloody corona virus. My emotions are getting such a battering at the moment.

Stu
DIY FREE ZONE