Coronavirus contact tracing app - will you use it?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: Coronavirus contact tracing app - will you use it?

Unread post by savvypaul »

Classicrock wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:14 am Don't expect politicians to know technical detail as they aren't IT experts.
Eustice was not asked for a technical explanation. He was asked...

1. If you get an alert saying that you've been near someone who has reported CV symptoms, do you have to self-isolate? Does your family have to self-isolate? How long for?
2. Will the person who sparked the alert be tested? How quickly? When will they know the result? Will the people who receive alerts get tested?

He didn't have a clue. Watch it. At first, I thought this guy's a buffoon, but then I realised that he is a man who has used his intelligence and privilege to secure one of the highest ranks in the land, so he must be capable. That leaves me with 'he doesn't care'.
Classicrock wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:14 am If you remember the Yes Minister comedy that was thought to be pretty near the truth at the time.
Did you get that from Alan B'Stard?
Classicrock wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:14 am Until last couple of days was anyone aware that a ready to go app was being used everywhere else from Google? I suppose this might be easy to research but I bet Ministers concerned weren't aware of this...
I just Googled it...
Classicrock wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:14 am I'm sure whatever government was in power the same issues would have arisen.
They've done it differently in other countries. Different governments...do things differently.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Classicrock wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 9:14 am I think that article rather points to the problem with civil service and NHS management. Good thing if ministers have realised at last they can't be trusted.
This is not true, at least in Wales where health is a devolved function. I was an official in the health department for four years before retiring in 2017 and there was a good relationship between Ministers and Civil Servants. I regulary attended meetings where the Minister and Chief Mbedical Officer were present, putting together briefings and taking notes. Senior Civil Servants were often previous medics with valuable knowledge and contacts. They were respected and their advice was taken on board. There were no special advisors aoutside of the medical field with their own agendas.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

I, for one, have known for some time that we were not following the majority of countries with our track and trace model. I knew by reading the news about Covid-19 that has been freely available. It wasn’t, difficult. Many news outlets were only too happy to point out that yet again we were ignoring everyone else’s advice and going our own way with a system that was designed in conjunction with the mob Cummings hired for his “Vote Leave” campaign.
These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
CN211276 (Fri May 08, 2020 1:37 pm)
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

slinger wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:35 am I, for one, have known for some time that we were not following the majority of countries with our track and trace model. I knew by reading the news about Covid-19 that has been freely available. It wasn’t, difficult. Many news outlets were only too happy to point out that yet again we were ignoring everyone else’s advice and going our own way with a system that was designed in conjunction with the mob Cummings hired for his “Vote Leave” campaign.
I wish you would stop the Cummings crap. No evidence he had any part in the design of the app directly. Looks like it was an NHS decision. I heard about other apps but not they weren't specific to various countries and not that they were using Google. Let's face it throwing mud at Johnson is a full time occupation for many including yourself. Frankly he likely had little involvement because (a) he doesn't like dealing with detail and (b) was in intensive care when a lot of decisions were going on. Shouting out Cummings name when you don't like something is ridiculous as you have no evidence as to how when and where he is involved. I doubt he carries much weight as far as the medical science is concerned. Let's see some proof.
These users thanked the author Classicrock for the post:
valvesRus (Fri May 08, 2020 12:29 pm)
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

Classicrock wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:26 pm
slinger wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:35 am I, for one, have known for some time that we were not following the majority of countries with our track and trace model. I knew by reading the news about Covid-19 that has been freely available. It wasn’t, difficult. Many news outlets were only too happy to point out that yet again we were ignoring everyone else’s advice and going our own way with a system that was designed in conjunction with the mob Cummings hired for his “Vote Leave” campaign.
I wish you would stop the Cummings crap. No evidence he had any part in the design of the app directly. Looks like it was an NHS decision. I heard about other apps but not they weren't specific to various countries and not that they were using Google. Let's face it throwing mud at Johnson is a full time occupation for many including yourself. Frankly he likely had little involvement because (a) he doesn't like dealing with detail and (b) was in intensive care when a lot of decisions were going on. Shouting out Cummings name when you don't like something is ridiculous as you have no evidence as to how when and where he is involved. I doubt he carries much weight as far as the medical science is concerned. Let's see some proof.
An artificial intelligence firm previously hired by Dominic Cummings to work on the Vote Leave campaign has been intimately involved in R&D for the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) contact tracing app. The app, launched by NHSX, a NHS subsidiary focused on digital innovation, is currently being trialled in the Isle of Wight before national rollout across the UK.

On Friday 1 May, Faculty AI’s co-founding chief executive Marc Warner wrote in The Times that “despite claims by some, we are not working on the contact tracing app”.

However, a paper published by Oxford University’s Big Data Institute appears to contradict this flat denial, confirming that Faculty is directly involved in the modelling research that will “configure” and “optimise” the NHSX app.

The paper describing the Institute’s model, released on 16 April, identifies three Faculty employees as its co-authors: two Faculty senior data scientists, Ares Meroueh and Scott Stevenson, along with Faculty customer engineer, Bryn Mathias​.

According to an official Oxford University press notice, the epidemiological model developed by the Big Data Institute team with Faculty’s support will “help configure a contact tracing app for coronavirus. The model offers several safe configurations to introduce an app and a framework to optimise the app after it is released.”

The role of these three Faculty staffers reveals Faculty’s involvement in the design of the NHSX contact tracing app through a research backdoor.

Faculty refused to deny on the record that they are involved in development of the NHSX contact tracing app. But according to Oxford University’s Coronavirus Fraser Group “IBM UK and Faculty worked alongside each other and built the Python interface for the model which enables it to be used more widely by partners, such as NHSX… A team led by Dr Ilya Feige, Director of AI at Faculty also supported the development of the Python interface so that the model can easily be calibrated for different outbreaks. The Faculty team also prepared the repository for open sourcing, such as arranging the open source licence and helping to test the Python interface.”

SOURCE

That took me 30 seconds to Google. There is more if you want to look for it.
These users thanked the author slinger for the post:
CN211276 (Fri May 08, 2020 1:43 pm)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/05/06/whit ... acing-app/

I couldn't find anything from 1980s TV comedy programmes, though, so it may fail your strict evidential requirements...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

slinger wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 12:45 pm
An artificial intelligence firm previously hired by Dominic Cummings to work on the Vote Leave campaign has been intimately involved in R&D for the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) contact tracing app. The app, launched by NHSX, a NHS subsidiary focused on digital innovation, is currently being trialled in the Isle of Wight before national rollout across the UK.

On Friday 1 May, Faculty AI’s co-founding chief executive Marc Warner wrote in The Times that “despite claims by some, we are not working on the contact tracing app”.

However, a paper published by Oxford University’s Big Data Institute appears to contradict this flat denial, confirming that Faculty is directly involved in the modelling research that will “configure” and “optimise” the NHSX app.

The paper describing the Institute’s model, released on 16 April, identifies three Faculty employees as its co-authors: two Faculty senior data scientists, Ares Meroueh and Scott Stevenson, along with Faculty customer engineer, Bryn Mathias​.

According to an official Oxford University press notice, the epidemiological model developed by the Big Data Institute team with Faculty’s support will “help configure a contact tracing app for coronavirus. The model offers several safe configurations to introduce an app and a framework to optimise the app after it is released.”

The role of these three Faculty staffers reveals Faculty’s involvement in the design of the NHSX contact tracing app through a research backdoor.

Faculty refused to deny on the record that they are involved in development of the NHSX contact tracing app. But according to Oxford University’s Coronavirus Fraser Group “IBM UK and Faculty worked alongside each other and built the Python interface for the model which enables it to be used more widely by partners, such as NHSX… A team led by Dr Ilya Feige, Director of AI at Faculty also supported the development of the Python interface so that the model can easily be calibrated for different outbreaks. The Faculty team also prepared the repository for open sourcing, such as arranging the open source licence and helping to test the Python interface.”

SOURCE

That took me 30 seconds to Google. There is more if you want to look for it.
Evidence enough for me and would be for a court of low too.

Anyone with half a brain should be aware that Demonic Dom and his Johnson puppet are compulsive serial liars.
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Lindy cat 6 US ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

These users thanked the author slinger for the post (total 2):
CN211276 (Sat May 09, 2020 2:42 pm) • SteveTheShadow (Sat May 09, 2020 2:54 pm)