2015 - A Year in Hifi

All general audio posts go here.
jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2015 - A Year in Hifi

Unread post by jammy395 »

slinger wrote:I've had a pretty shit year. Sick and off work at the start of it and sick and off work with something else for the end of it. I'm fed up with the sight of doctors and hospitals and still have at least four more appointments that I know of. Thank Gawd for music. On the other hand, there are a bloody site more people a lot worse off than I am, so I shouldn't moan. Here's hoping for a better 2016 for everyone.
Slinger.....keep yer bloody pecker up.....And this may teach you too take things (even my insults) a bit less seriously....ya big soft shnowser........ :mrgreen:
Seriously chin up.......Jammy wishes you all the very best. :guiness;

Imagine the fukin irony.....An obit to our obituary king........ :cry: :cry: :epop:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:For me each new years is a bonus as most of you know. I really cannot believe how lucky I have been considering how unlucky in the first place. Apart from mild nose irritation and a few spots and the constant trots from my meds :roll: but controlled with pills , I wouldn't even know I was ill. Every 4 months, new CT scan 1st week of Jan.
Doc ya old coffin dodger...Only the good die young.......and by that reckoning yove got 28 years left.
Thank fuk 4 that, a lot of guys waiting for NVA kit..... :lol: :guiness;

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

I head into 2016 with the same amp/cdp/speakers/SBT/cables that I've had since 2012 (Creek/Epos), and the only addition in 2015 has been a new Beresford Caiman MkII DAC which I'm very pleased with.

My major decision this year was to finally call it a day with vinyl and sold the lot, records and deck. One good upside from the new "hipster" status of vinyl is that my modest (ie approx 450 LPs) and largely decrepit record collection sold for twice as much as it would have done two or three years previously. Hope that buyer is still enjoying my wifes old Partridge Family Greatest Hits LP :grin:

Now whether 2016 brings any new hardware (NVA possibly?) maybe. However, my CD collection will still be growing, that's for sure.

jammy395

2015.....Like my previous 5 hifi years, have been one big fukin Snoozefest. :cry:
I lay the blame squarely at the doorstep of Mr Richard Dunn and his infernal NVA hifi products.

There was a time when I was happy, a time when I used to dabble in hifi bullshit land in search of the so called offered nirvana, every other manufacturer promised, only if you would suspend belief and buy a big slice of they're Rip Off Pie:naughty:

Im cured now....Amen :pray:

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

jammy395 wrote:2015.....Like my previous 5 hifi years, have been one big fukin Snoozefest. :cry:
I lay the blame squarely at the doorstep of Mr Richard Dunn and his infernal NVA hifi products.

There was a time when I was happy, a time when I used to dabble in hifi bullshit land in search of the so called offered nirvana, every other manufacturer promised, only if you would suspend belief and buy a big slice of they're Rip Off Pie:naughty:

Im cured now....Amen :pray:
Yes Jammy - it must be really difficult to put up with annoying things like one-off, specially made, super deluxe headphone amplification systems.

My heart bleeds for you !!! :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

jammy395

Ok point taken.....But it was a xmas pres to my self.......sofu.

:guiness; :lol:

And NVA dont do headphones.....!!!

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Hang on jammy, you haven't started on 'transforming' your 'DJ' deck into something that plays records (ducks for cover :lol:) :mrgreen: I mean you haven't lived until you've fitted a high-drag bearing and fancy plastic platter and as for the ringy old arm and spitty Goldring cartridge. It MUST be a Jelco on a wooden arm-board plus DL103 in a solid cast headshell at the very LEAST, don't you know... (You know I'm joking...)

In the meantime, have a great New Year - and TRY not to get too pissed tonight - some hope :grin:
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...