FFS!

All general audio posts go here.
George Hincapie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

FFS!

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Come home this evening from work to find a package from Doc (thank you), rushed upstairs to try it out and one of my 8000Ms won't power up. Tried swapping the cable from the working one but no joy. Argh!

I only bought the feckin' things last month.

Have e-mailed the guy to get him to fix it ASAP. Only solace is that it has happened to me. I am trying to sell them and had that happened to the buyer straight after purchase I'd have felt like a right ****.

George Hincapie

Re: FFS!

Unread post by George Hincapie »

Apparently they have a fuse built in to the power cable receiver. Kevin asked if I had checked it. I was like "What fuse?" "Oh, that one..." Now replaced and cooking on gas.

I was just about to go postal but feel like a silly **** instead.

Enjoy an evening laugh at my stupidity :guiness;

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

We've all had moments like that. :grin:

At least the music's back on!
Cheers. :guiness;

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Not a fault, but we had a host of Arcams and Audiolabs blowing mains fuses on switch-on over a few months many years ago - something to do with the phase or part of the 'cycle' when mains is connected?. AVI got fed up and raised their fuse rating to stop amps being returned. End result was one mono amp of a pair blowing up one night and all but catching fire inside. The charred mess inside the case was something I should have taken a photo of. the chap's speaker was blown as a result.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Can you imagine the hoo-ha on AoS from Jabba the Slug if that had been a nva amp, but we all must remember it is only NVA that the slug thinks anything like that happens to. AND for all the other eeediots eslewhere to consider, the Audiolab has fuses, trips, output protection and all that shit they want, yet it can still *GO WRONG* moral of the story is even things that stop other things going wrong can and do go wrong.

Firebug1
Finland

Unread post by Firebug1 »

Fuses are funny things, if they blow up too often people in many cases just switch them to bigger ones and orginal problem ships to place where it causes more dancer....
Rega by Michael Lim\Teac\ASR\NVA\
SA Mantra30\Audeze LCD-2 closed.
...the Gods you worship are steel, at the altar of rock 'n' roll you kneel...

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

George....you're without doubt a fukin Wazzock.

But please dont be despondent, for I think we have all passed through Wazzockville in our conquests for the elusive hifi nirvana....... :guiness; :lol:

BillyBones
Great Britain

Unread post by BillyBones »

You are not alone George don't worry.

A couple of years back I fried my Squeezebox Touch. I was messing about with an external HDD PSU which I suspected was faulty (it wasn't!) and decided to test it on my SBT. Unfortunately this was a 12v PSU instead of the 5v PSU that the SBT used. End result, a bit of smoke and a horrible burning smell. Cost me £150 to buy another one, though I did manage to sell on my old damaged SBT, the remote control, and PSU seperately and clawed back about £50.

One expensive lesson learned.