Should Britain remain in Europe. ?

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Macca
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Should Britain remain in Europe. ?

Unread post by Macca »

Norway is a small country it is not a major export market for EU goods. The UK is. EU will jot be able to dictate terms.

Why do you suggest taxation will change immediately? Which taxes and why?

Once we have voted to leave nothing will change overnight. The extracation process will have to be followed as set out in thr Lisbon Treaty. I would estimate at least a year, possibly more before we have officially left.

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Daniel Quinn wrote:I think you will find I have said nothing will happen overnight but as time goes by the more divergent markets will get . However taxation is one of the things that will change immediately out of necessity .

you are wrong with the free trade element , I would refer you to Norway . All the expense of being a none member trader none of the benefits .

basically , it will be - If you want to trade in Europe this is what you must do and we wont even have a say .
If we leave, there will be no EU, no problem.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

If Britain leaves the EU the Union will collapse.
I think ( Like Sorcerer's ) all Uk Doctors should take on an apprentice until fully trained.
Bring back the matron's and bin the cluless parasitic managers.
etc etc etc...... :guiness;

jammy395

The big one is the free movement of people. That is really what has prompted this whole issue. The EU is far to disparate, economically. Too many people from the poorer countries are coming to live in the wealthier countries and it has become unmanageable. When Turkey inevitably joins how many will want to come and live here? It will be in the millions, as it was with Romania and Poland. And we are talking about peasants here, not doctors and scientists. They will only stop coming when the infrastructure collapses under the weight and the money runs out at which point we are all shafted.

It's insane and I really despair that people don't seem to understand this.( Macca )

Such a fine post by Macca over at AOS thought I would post it here. :clap: :guiness;

slinger
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by slinger »

I thought this was interesting...
A ‘Leave’ vote in the UK’s European Union referendum on 23 June would have far-reaching consequences for the country, not least in football. As arguably the most multi-cultural entity in Britain, the Premier League would be hugely affected - and some of the changes that take place could be positive. Around two-thirds of European players in England would not meet the current criteria to get a work visa, which means hundreds of top flight stars may have to leave Britain after the EU vote. One group to benefit from this would be the young English players who we are frequently told don’t get enough breaks because of all the foreigners in the league.
I'll post a LINK to the actual article (so you know I'm not making it up :grin: ) which gets very jokey after the first paragraph. Well, jokey if you follow football, downright confusing I'd guess if you don't. Sadly, it doesn't explain who Adam Johnson is for those in the second category, or who are ignorant of current events.
Amps - NVA P50, AP30, A40, Stanislav Palo Tube Headphone Amp BB 85
Speakers - Monitor Audio Silver RX2
Cables - NVA LS1+LS3, SSC, Gotham S/PDIF, IBRA Optical
Digital - NAD C516BEE, SONY ST-SDB900 DAB TUNER, TEAC UD-H01 DAC
Analogue - Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB, Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 Phono
Cans - Grado SR80, ATH-M50X

jammy395

Well thats a deal clincher Slinger........ :clap: :guiness;

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I have decided I couldn't give a feck! so I am changing my vote from yes to couldn't give a toss.

It will all end up in the same place, there is too much to lose otherwise. This vote is an exercise in futility, so I wont be voting.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Seems to me that those that want us to leave are doing so out of some jingoistic nationalism , so here is a question for those people , if we leave how and why will the uk be better in 5 years time .

I am not expecting any decent answers , as even the politicians running the out campaign will not answer this question . ;)

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

The inhabitants of the British Isles also seem to have lost sight of the fact that they actually play an active role in the United Europe. Many are taking an 'us and them' attitude when it is functioning as an 'us and us' situation.

Island mentality again.

I was talking to my mother last night, a fervent 'Out of the EU' supporter, and asked her why. She said; "Well, the British are just a superior race, we used to rule the world and are so important that we can easily manage on our own without all those foreigners.".

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a {x2)
Little Bear MC2 + AQ NightHawk
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 & PSU - BMUAiyima A07 MAX + Arcam One
HP: Allo DigiOne + Sabaj A10d + AQ NightOwl
Office: Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith 887 + German Maestro GMP 450

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Daniel Quinn wrote:Seems to me that those that want us to leave are doing so out of some jingoistic nationalism , so here is a question for those people , if we leave how and why will the uk be better in 5 years time .

I am not expecting any decent answers , as even the politicians running the out campaign will not answer this question . ;)
Well one could fire that question straight back on the other hand. None of us have a bloody crystal ball, but at least wherever we finish up, it will be under our own steam and our own direction. We're not a bloody leading player, (apart from the amount of money we put in). Just think back to November 2014 and the "election" of the new President. I seem to remember on at least one occasion Merkel and Junkers actually laughing in Cameron's face!
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol: