Cable Talk Reference

All general audio posts go here.
Nigel
Wales

Cable Talk Reference

Unread post by Nigel »

Anyone any experience of using Cable Talk Reference interconnects? Burgundy in colour, I suspect they are about twenty years old. Probably another question for DSJR. Where would they stand in todays state of play?
Technics SL1210 (Timestep power supply, Mike New Bearing) Audio Origami RB300 / Dynavector DV10x5
Pioneer DVD300 / Topping E30 or AAAA5 cd player.
Audio Innovations Series 500
Heco Direkt Einklang
Headphones - Musical Fidelity A1 / AKG K1000

jammy395
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cable Talk Reference

Unread post by jammy395 »

Sorry Nige, never heard em, but they must sing like Angels being "Reference"...... :angelic-blueglow:

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

They were around £150 retail for a 1m length, best dealers making 55% of this, so equivalent to SC in terms of (trade) cost. I thought it good, but the construction was a bit odd, with three inner conductors iirc. Two hot and one return with copper shield and drain wire from memory.

It's a good cable and was custom made with good materials, but obviously, this was before online suppliers came along ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Nigel
Wales

Unread post by Nigel »

Cheers Dave. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I've been using them for a few years. I have made very few comparisons so have extremely limited experience. I tried some Klotz Rega clones and thought my old Cable Talk's were superior. It could be the Klotz need to 'burn in' or maybe my ears need to adjust. I initially thought the music lacked impact and excitement. I'd love to try some of the silver interconnects one day.
Technics SL1210 (Timestep power supply, Mike New Bearing) Audio Origami RB300 / Dynavector DV10x5
Pioneer DVD300 / Topping E30 or AAAA5 cd player.
Audio Innovations Series 500
Heco Direkt Einklang
Headphones - Musical Fidelity A1 / AKG K1000

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Klotz AC110 is fine and some say the MC5000 mic cable is better, even when used in single ended mode. I've found it takes a little while to open up.. I think you'd like SSC though and SSPmk2 would be superior to that.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...