ATC v AVI v EV bake-off

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Re: ATC v AVI v EV bake-off

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Bottom line. AVI's little active speakers suit a particular client very well, and many of their clients seem to want less clutter and it would appear, have all but disposed of all the records, CD's and 'separates gear' they once had and I believe most of them stream everything now.

P.S. Is it only me who regards top-range Sennheiser and similar headphones rather too smooth, bland and overly-safe in sound?
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

joe
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by joe »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote: P.S. Is it only me who regards top-range Sennheiser and similar headphones rather too smooth, bland and overly-safe in sound?
I only use Stax headphones these days. All the other top-range ones sound bland by comparison.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

DSJR - Again you miss the point, they are a perfectly valid product even if I don't like them, from a perfectly valid company. The thing just about *everyone* with half a brain cell objects to is the nasty silly arse who (if you are right) used to own the company but is still the mouth for them Ashley James, and his arse like sidekick / head spammer Jesus Christ from Brum. Between them they pollute the internet with bullshit and lies about AVi products.
These users thanked the author Dr Bunsen Honeydew for the post:
Lindsayt (Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:18 pm)

Fretless
Netherlands

Unread post by Fretless »

joe wrote:
_D_S_J_R_ wrote: P.S. Is it only me who regards top-range Sennheiser and similar headphones rather too smooth, bland and overly-safe in sound?
I only use Stax headphones these days. All the other top-range ones sound bland by comparison.
I'm also no fan of Sennheiser's - always found them dull and lifeless. :music-listening:

Upstairs:
Vinyl
Pro-Ject 1.2 + Grado Sig Jr + Cambridge Alva Duo
DigiVolumio PC + Kiss DP-500 + Sabaj A20d
NVA: P50sa - Cube2 - SSP - LS6+ Sabaj A10a (x2)
Downstairs:
Vinyl
Logic DM101 + Syrinx LE1 + Grado Sig MCX
DigiDenafrips Ares II + Volumio PC + Cambridge CXC
NVA: P50 - BMU+ Aiyima A07 MAX (x2) + Arcam One
HP: HifiBerry Digi+ PRO + Sabaj A10d
Office:
Allo DigiOne SIG + SMSL M300se + Douk G4 (x2)
Mission 760 + Monolith THX AAA 887
Headphones: German Maestro, Monolith & AQ

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:DSJR - Again you miss the point,
I think I 'get it' more than you'll ever know (where I'm personally concerned too), but I'm not going to speak about the individuals as they can holler for themselves and do, daily ;)
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Once again that explains nothing. Once again your post (I am referring to) focused on product, the product is not in question it is largely accepted for what it is as you say in your post. The problem is with the people in the company. So stop the mysterious winking claptrap and give an opinion on the subject.

The only problem with the product is it is hyped and bullshitted by these people into being something it is not.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Fretless wrote:
joe wrote:
I'm also no fan of Sennheiser's - always found them dull and lifeless. :music-listening:
I use HD25s for monitoring and I have to say that the "Amperior" (an improved HD25 with a microphone for use with a mobile phone) is markedly better, especially when fitted with an HD25 cable and ear pads, the suede ear pads didn't do anything for me. Both are better than the over bassy Bose QC range, but I can forgive the Bose headset as it makes flying more pleasant and quieter.

diggerrum
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by diggerrum »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:DSJR - Again you miss the point, they are a perfectly valid product even if I don't like them, from a perfectly valid company. The thing just about *everyone* with half a brain cell objects to is the nasty silly arse who (if you are right) used to own the company but is still the mouth for them Ashley James, and his arse like sidekick / head spammer Jesus Christ from Brum. Between them they pollute the internet with bullshit and lies about AVi products.
Sigh, Sometimes, you just can't help some people :roll:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

diggerrum wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:DSJR - Again you miss the point, they are a perfectly valid product even if I don't like them, from a perfectly valid company. The thing just about *everyone* with half a brain cell objects to is the nasty silly arse who (if you are right) used to own the company but is still the mouth for them Ashley James, and his arse like sidekick / head spammer Jesus Christ from Brum. Between them they pollute the internet with bullshit and lies about AVi products.
Sigh, Sometimes, you just can't help some people :roll:
Do you have an opinion about anything else JC.

joe

Unread post by joe »

The AJ/JC entity wants to have it both ways; spout highly dubious claims about AVI products' technical specifications, then resort to 'you just need to listen' when called on those claims. If all you need to so is listen, then the specifications are irrelevant, but if AJ/JC want to claim that AVI products are technically superior then they need to be able to back up those claims rather than resort to unsubstantiated assertion. I notice their technically-savvy designer steers well clear of forums.
These users thanked the author joe for the post:
Lindsayt (Sat May 30, 2020 1:26 pm)