AVI vs...? bake off anyone?

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
savvypaul
Great Britain

Re: AVI vs...? bake off anyone?

Unread post by savvypaul »

Daniel Quinn wrote:why is that "notsosavvypaul" ? ;)
Because attacking people who give you their feedback is a sure-fire way to put people off trying NVA. One look at some of the comments here will have 'em running for the hills.

Doc's assertion that all feedback is welcome shows confidence and professionalism. That's exactly what I would look for when deciding whether to order NVA kit.

For ourselves, as forum members, I think it's positive to offer to help with tips about setting up the kit from our own experiences. I think it's unhelpful to tell someone that their ears are wrong.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

savvypaul
Great Britain

Daniel Quinn wrote:why is that "notsosavvypaul" ? ;)

all reviews are copied to a review thread which nobody comments on, this is a general thread open for comment.
Fine, but people who are new to the forum will not necessarily understand that subtlety.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

Well firstly , only I have attacked his review. I have however not attacked him . I have attacked what he said. I did not say he was wrong , I said I have not got a bleeding clue what you are going on about and I suspect that is because you have questionable motives .

I believe people are not stupid ,they will make of it what they will and if they genuinely try and do not like NVA , I am bloody sure they will say so far more honestly and coherently than darius .And I am sure , I will not comment .

savvypaul
Great Britain

Daniel Quinn wrote:I believe people are not stupid ,they will make of it what they will
I agree...
I am in the hi-fi trade

savvypaul
Great Britain

Welcome to Hi-Fi Subjectivist - a hifi discussion group
The world of Hi-Fi is plagued by people trying to stop you commenting on what you hear and making decisions from it. This forum is different - here we do not allow people to challenge what people hear, and we can discuss the musical ability of our systems

Top of every page. Just saying...
I am in the hi-fi trade

Daniel Quinn

Again you are struggling to appreciate the difference . The obliteration of nuance is the path to stupidity .

I DID NOT QUESTION WHAT HE HEARED !

darius-lpv
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by darius-lpv »

fair enough Lindsay... you have your impressions and I have mine and I guess both are valid
on a realism note, do u remember when I've said: 'violin can sound incredibly smooth' and you've added something like: but sharp as well. It is unconfirmed by myself how good EVs are in reproduction of smooth sound of violin. not enough time or perhaps we choose to play the sound of a real instruments too late and not long enough..
I'd like to go back home rather than concert hall.. how many times I'd listen back home at a concert volume levels? very, very rare..

savvypaul
Great Britain

Daniel Quinn wrote:Again you are struggling to appreciate the difference . The obliteration of nuance is the path to stupidity .

I DID NOT QUESTION WHAT HE HEARED !
Some of your comments to Darius:

I can see I am dealing with a person unable to grasp the point.

And what is the child friendly crap about...?

Child unfriendly all bass my arse.

What we have is Darius lazy mealy mouthed impressions of the cubes...

...he presented a load of clap trap to justify his personal choices

Nuanced? Non-personal? Really?

You're passionate about NVA kit. That's cool.

Sometimes people may need help with setting up the kit correctly, sometimes they don't have enough time to listen in depth, sometimes they have needs or aspirations, or prejudices, that are different from what NVA is all about, sometimes they may decide that they just don't like what they hear, sometimes they may have got out of bed on the wrong side - that's all cool, too.
I am in the hi-fi trade

Daniel Quinn

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not one example you have pointed out , is a denial of what he heard or a personal attack , I am sure darius is a nice upstanding citizen , he just on this occasion posted bollocks . Again there is a difference.

I am more passionate about eradicating bollocks .
Last edited by Daniel Quinn on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

This is all about DQ being a pedantic word smith. He has to be it is his job and his nature. His contributions can seem hard, but the logic and the reasoning is fair. Lazy meaningless descriptions full of hyper bollox like "glass ceilings" are still the norm. We have gone away from this here and tend to use description of the music heard as that is the purpose surely. So I understand DQs objections to what is being said, and I also sadly understand why the reviewer used these terms as it has become the lazy dismissive or over hyping norm.

I see nothing wrong with this conversation savvy, including your contribution.