NVA bake-off

Room to arrange and discuss bake-offs
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: NVA bake-off

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am out for the rest of the day back about 5 or 6.

Neilwootton
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Neilwootton »

OK Doc, I've emailed you, get back to me later.
Neil.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

I am going to copy your email to the forum as I think it is important information.

Hi Richard,

Received the 3 boxes of NVA loan items, a few concerns.
Whoever re-packed these items deserves a kick in the nuts, just thrown in the boxes, no protection or care at all, I can see how they would originally been packed having received items from you previously and what is left of the packaging.
The AP50 box is soaking wet on the underneath and ripped/damaged in one corner with one speaker cable actually sticking out of the box. The amplifier itself it wet/condensation on the underside so I will dry it off, it is also a marked up mess, no bubble wrap, not cleaned etc.
I'm guessing the cubes, as they are demos, already had the corner chips/damage but none the less they are in a state, filthy dirty, smeared, finger prints and barely any protection.
It's more a respect thing really, to send on these items in this state is disgusting.
The speaker cables are so badly jammed in there with 2 being bent at such right angles back on them selves I'd be surprised if damage hadn't been done.
Some people just don't give a shit it seems

jammy395

Unread post by jammy395 »

Well if Darius sent these items to you in that state, Darius is a Fukwit.
And does indeed deserve a "Kick in the Nuts" Neil.... :evil: :naughty:

Darius..... :epop:

darius-lpv

Unread post by darius-lpv »

I did not polish cubes before packing and neither I've received polished.
I've put the cables around amp the same way I received from Richard. The boxes were dry and not damaged when they leave my house. I should take some photos if I knew who am I dealing with.

darius-lpv

fukwit?

I think all the 3 threads should now be out there on other forums so other can have a bit of nva luxury treatment.

Neilwootton

I speak as I find, am a recent NVA customer and would not dream of sending out items, to anybody ! In that state, as I said, it's a matter of respect between forum members and Richard.
This is no JFK conspiracy here, it is what it is and posting on other forums the fact others take issue with such sloppy behaviour only exposes yourself.
It would be the same reply with any other manufacturer/loan scheme. Try it and see what the response is.

darius-lpv

re read my post.

Neilwootton

Well, quick opinion on the cubes, after a good clean and polish :twisted: I have set them up using forum advice and it took me about 10 minutes to dial them in. The best way to describe it is they "snapped into place". Different presentation than the norm in the fact they portray a musical performance and fill the room rather than firing at you. Much as a live set would. Using ls1, Graham Slee phono (phono 2 has been packed, carefully away ! :twisted: ) and A20/P20 bass is tight and tuneful, vocals are superb through them and what struck me most is separation.
I speak as I find and if they were crap I'd say, I expected alot of faffing to get them right after previous comments but it was very easy.
They are very, very good indeed.

Jonty2547

Unread post by Jonty2547 »

So the equipment was literally just thrown in a cardboard box with no protection?
I can't imagine they were sent out like that?
TT- Thorens TD160B MKII with SME 3009, SL1210 and PL-71. Amps-NVA P50sa/A40's & Phono 1. CDP- Sony X555ES. Speakers-B&W 705 with LS1.
Headphone system Bushmaster II, Capella amp, Pi 3B+ with Hifiberry Digi+ Pro & Nighthawk cans.