NVA TSS prototype on EBay

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: NVA TSS prototype on EBay

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Structural plastics and fibres and adhesive bonding. They must be bad as every modern aircraft including fighter jets are built using it and them.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Also you would imagine a repair engineer would have heard of Loctite Output (315) obviously not, as he thinks it is Araldite. "Loctite Output 315 is a one component, thermally conductive acrylic adhesive used for bonding electrical components to heat sinks".
I've not come across this product before, but then I haven't been required to repair many electronic boxes over the past 30 years, when I did bolts were the attachment of choice for heat sinks.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Structural plastics and fibres and adhesive bonding. They must be bad as every modern aircraft including fighter jets are built using it and them.
Absolutely :grin:
The last aircraft I was involved with was nearly all composite primary structure, it seems Boeing can't produce them fast enough to satisfy customer demand.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Geoff.R.G wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Also you would imagine a repair engineer would have heard of Loctite Output (315) obviously not, as he thinks it is Araldite. "Loctite Output 315 is a one component, thermally conductive acrylic adhesive used for bonding electrical components to heat sinks".
I've not come across this product before, but then I haven't been required to repair many electronic boxes over the past 30 years, when I did bolts were the attachment of choice for heat sinks.
Its not new I have been using it for nearly 20 years.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

I replied briefly regarding the output adhesive and very generally about Class II. Hope it's not worse because of it.

I reckon it's human nature that some of us get fixed into our entrenched positions. In this case, fixing output transistors. Convention has it that these things have a layer of special goo and sometimes a thin mica? film between device and heat-sink, the whole thing bolted together, the bolt often insulated from the transistor metal parts.
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

So S J is another idiot. What he describes as a NVA power supply would have been from the 1980's, pre CE regs, pre appliance regs, yet it still met them as the insulation between the plates and the anodising of the plates made them electrically insulated (anodised aluminium surfaces are electrical insulators).

I can change output devices more quickly using the Loctite adhesive than anyone can with nuts and bolts, you just have to know how, i.e. skill and knowledge that he doesn't have.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Dave - threads stretch and bolts and nuts loosen. Mica shatters and fails with age. Thermal compound dries and flakes with age. So output stages fail - I have never had an output stage fail for those reasons since using the Loctite (over 20 years). Early nva amps from the early 80s use conventional nuts and screws and compound and mica, and some have failed because of it. When I repair them I always replace them with the Loctite.

This is just about the usual ignorance.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

The lies and the problems originated at PFM a long time ago with TonyL, with him using biased moderation and lies to try and damage nva and me, I still do not understand why. So as a *get yer own back* I outed him as gay (an accepted process amoungst the gay community) and confirmed that at that point the only people appointed as mods were gay friends or lovers. You need to look into the history of Pink fish Media, it was originally a Californian based gay media site.

Now that is fine, I have no problem with them being gay, I do object a little to the discrimination used then in the management of the site, BUT it was obviously done to wind the man up as much as I could, and it obviously worked :x :lol: :lol:

He says we (I) tell lies about him, well if that is the case does he officially deny he is gay, if so at which point I will give details of two of his ex lovers I know about. One is a current mod and one is an ex mod. :x :x :x :x

I never start warfare but if someone declares war on me as he did, then the gloves are off. The problem for them, like it is with Marco, they can never find anything genuine to attack me about so they invent and tell lies.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

BTW I have offered him an armistice and a peace treaty and he refused it.

jammy395
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jammy395 »

"toprepairman"....... :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I havn't been able to access the link. (toprepairman).

Kind of says it all really. :mrgreen: :guiness;