Has thanked: 0

Re: Advice on Speaker Stands

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Are Reliant Robins cars :-?

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

:lol: The one that always pisses me off is the number of people who call them Robin Reliant FFS, you don't call a fiesta a Fiesta Ford, or a Mini a Mini Austin why do they do it with the Robin?
My dad's was a Supervan, (I think), in which he cut windows. Us kids just lolloped about in the back on big cushions! We travelled all over the country in it and it never gave any trouble. Good times. :grin: :grin: :grin:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Are Reliant Robins cars :-?
They used to be classified as tricycles, that's why my dad had one as you could drive it then on a motorcycle license.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Frasernash
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Frasernash »

zebbo wrote:
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:Are Reliant Robins cars :-?
They used to be classified as tricycles, that's why my dad had one as you could drive it then on a motorcycle license.
Yes that was their main reason for success that they were bought by Die hard bikers that had to have more space, there was a four wheeled version called a Kitten but they are very rare.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Does anyone use the Something Solid stands with their Cubes? Curious to know if they are a good match...

I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

They don't look very solid to me :lol: :lol: something solid my arse :roll:

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Frasernash wrote:
Also a misunderstood bit of trivia the 3 wheel Van in only Fools and Horses is a Reliant Regal as most people assume its called a Robin.
Aye it's a Reliant Regal; the Supervan III model.

In 1975, a mate of mine had one in the same dirty yellow colour as the Trotters' van.
He was driving across a level crossing, with my mate Garry and myself following behind in his dad's Opel Kadett, when the radius arm holding the front wheel collapsed, rendering the van immobile. He fled the vehicle and phoned the signalman, who managed to stop an approaching fully loaded coal train.
The driver eventually brought the train to a stop around 6ft from the stranded van, whilst drivers on both sides of the crossing including us p**sed themselves laughing, having got out to watch the embarrassing spectacle.
Once the train had stopped, half a dozen laughing pitmen lifted the thing off the tracks and carried it off the crossing.
The train driver checked the tracks for stray debris before phoning the signalman, then setting off, still laughing, my mate phoned a breakdown truck from a bungalow nearby and the van was carted off, never to be seen again.
He was driving the Reliant on a motorbike licence but six months later passed his test and moved to four wheeled transport. :lol:
Last edited by SteveTheShadow on Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote:They don't look very solid to me :lol: :lol: something solid my arse :roll:
Rigidity is the 'selling' point. One advantage is that they are made to measure - so they can be made wider than 'off the peg' 60cm speaker stands.

But if you want really solid...

35kg a piece...and they match the marble lions either side of my front door :handgestures-thumbup:
I am in the hi-fi trade

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I love them, where did you get them, real bling, look great with the black acrylic and even better with white ;)

savvypaul
Great Britain

I am in the hi-fi trade