For Doc Mods

Post any interesting items from ebay here...
Forum rules
1. No ad-hominem
2. No spamming or shilling

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Re: For Doc Mods

Unread post by CycleCoach »

Thanks Doc. I've been looking at a few of those myself!

Is there a model which is clearly better/best?
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

Frasernash
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Frasernash »

where theses chosen as the best British makes available cheaply and most seem to be stand mounts would multi driver floor standers be a non starter

CycleCoach
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CycleCoach »

I just bid on the Glendale XP2s as they are near me (in Peterborough) 8-)
I think I might be in the HiFi trade.
I am not currently seeking treatment for this.
Current System: Linn LP12 Lingo Ekos Troika, NVA PHONO2 with BBPSU, NVA AP20 (White), Quad ESL 57s &/or NVA Cube3s (White)

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Frasernash wrote:where theses chosen as the best British makes available cheaply and most seem to be stand mounts would multi driver floor standers be a non starter
As big and as many drivers as you like. We have had two of these modded, Goodmans Dimension 8, you will see back in the archives.

Quarknosis

Unread post by Quarknosis »

Wharfedale Chevin were already on my watch list as they look like they could be used with upward firing driver and the tweeter on one of the ends or sides.

I have a pair of the early Dentons but they would need quite a bit of modification to take a Doc doped driver as they aperture is between the 6.5" and 8" sizes, although it might just be possible to open it a bit for the 8". Also my latest pyrchase of the homebrew speakers with Goodmans drivers
Main System. Amp - Luxman LV-120, CD - Pioneer PDX505 & Hitachi DA 401. Turntable - Trio KD-2055/Denon DL-110 & Ortofon VMS20E. Cassette Deck - JVC KD A55. Speakers - Arcam Alpha connected with NVA LS3.

Headphone System - Little Dot Mkiii headphone amp, various vintage CD players into NVA P50 with Sennheiser HD600 and Beyer DT 880