Peter Belt gone

All general audio posts go here.
Daniel Quinn

Re: Peter Belt gone

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

So his products are dubious but because he didn't make much money { according to you } we should show more respect WTF

A charlatan is a charlatan dead or not . .

Classicrock
Great Britain

Unread post by Classicrock »

I am surprised he still had a business. The hi-fi magazines are largely to blame for taking him seriously all those years ago.
I Know What I like (In Your Wardrobe)

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Classicrock wrote:I think we should show a little more respect for the old boy. I doubt he made that much money out of his dubious products which likely relied on expectation bias. Those dealers that feel threatened by The Doc are raking the cash in by comparison. RIP Mr Belt. At best the Beltisms made me chuckle.
Feel free to show as much respect to him as you wish. So far that would seem to be based on the idea that he's less of a thief than some others. Happy to be corrected.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

I thought his ideas were barmy, so I didn't buy any of his products. My mate and I discussed the stuff in the 1980's but couldn't find any reason for them to work. However, I can't really call him a charlatan as you don't have to buy anything you don't want, need, or feel won't benefit your system.
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

Daniel Quinn

Unread post by Daniel Quinn »

charlatan
/ˈʃɑːlət(ə)n/
noun
noun: charlatan; plural noun: charlatans
a person falsely claiming to have a special knowledge or skill.

-
a product for sale is not the defining characteristic of a charlatan .

Malaikat

Unread post by Malaikat »

I have used PWB products since the 1980's and can recommend the inexpensive Silver Rainbow Foil and Cream Electret, which I believe can transform the sound of CDs in particular. I know that I am exposing myself to ridicule, but why not take advantage of the free offer of samples of Silver Rainbow Foil which are still offered by PWB Electronics. I do not understand the theory behind PWB products but in my opinion they DO work. Before coming to any conclusion, try a free sample and then comment.
Naim cd5 XS, Naim XS integrated, NVA BMU, NACA5, EPOS ES14. Back up: Marantz CD6005, Arcam A18, Tannoy Revolution 6 DCT se.

Nigel
Wales

Unread post by Nigel »

Paul Benson was a strong advocate for his products. I never heard any benefits from the few things I tried myself but may he rest in peace.
Technics SL1210 (Timestep power supply, Mike New Bearing) Audio Origami RB300 / Dynavector DV10x5
Pioneer DVD300 / Topping E30 or AAAA5 cd player.
Audio Innovations Series 500
Heco Direkt Einklang
Headphones - Musical Fidelity A1 / AKG K1000

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

savvypaul wrote:
Classicrock wrote:I think we should show a little more respect for the old boy. I doubt he made that much money out of his dubious products which likely relied on expectation bias. Those dealers that feel threatened by The Doc are raking the cash in by comparison. RIP Mr Belt. At best the Beltisms made me chuckle.
Feel free to show as much respect to him as you wish. So far that would seem to be based on the idea that he's less of a thief than some others. Happy to be corrected.
I think perhaps Russ Andrews had bought into a little bit of his mystic as he has made £££££'s out of peoples inquisitiveness.

I was dull enough when coming back to audiointhe late 80's to buy RA products :oops: that remain largely unused.

You can't really protect people from themselves when they wish to try something out, however bizarre the product. I think Russ Andrews does give a 30 day return option? Unfortunately, the stuff I purchased (Reveal) could not be returned as I had to use some of it, nevertheless it comes in handy for cleaning stuff, spectacles in particular - it goes a long way which is a good job as we have load of specs and sunglasses. Funnily enough once my glasses were cleaned using Reveal it had the effect of seeing through the :Bllocks: :lol: :lol:

Alfi
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.

wiicrackpot

Unread post by wiicrackpot »

Alfi wrote: Funnily enough once my glasses were cleaned using Reveal it had the effect of seeing through the :Bllocks: :lol: :lol:

Alfi
Never bought into PWB stuff but fell for Russ Andrews products, IC's, Powercords and yes Reveal, :doh:
he must have moved shedloads of that snake oil, Isopropyl Alcohol or a dab of Gin in a cloth did the same thing. :)
Frank...made me do it.

TheMadMick
ST_PATRICK'S_SALTIRE

Re: Peter Belt gone (RA)

Unread post by TheMadMick »

I use the power leads and I think they are rather good if over-priced. Not a lot into the interconnects - I gave Crystal Cu up for sale if you want to try it.

As for the cleaning products, spec cleaner and a microfibre cloth cleans your specs so why not your CDs. It's all polycarbonate. :mrgreen:
Blusound Vault 2, P50SA, A80's, BMU, TIS, LS7, MA PL200, Meridian 506 (18 bit).