Introduce Yourselves

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
antonio66
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Unread post by antonio66 »

Welcome Paul, I still post occasionally on pfm (jy3), and can understand your boredom with the other 2. The Doc will be pleased a new member hosts the odd bake-off.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Preston is DQ (Daniel Quinn) land, PM him.

Bake-offs - yes please. I just wish there were more down souf, they seem to have become a midland and norf thing. If I try = silence (see Audio Talk).

David Brook

Unread post by David Brook »

Hello peeps.

David Brook hi-fi obsessive for over 40 years, dealer and general normal bloke with wife and 2 kids. Own loads of turntables too many to mention, favourite is Garrard 401, pride and joy is a modified Studer B67 R2R but the tapes are just too b..y expensive to buy!

Met RD at a recent bake off I organized in my shop, decent bloke and maker of superb sounding phono stages, nuff sed.
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: MCRU

David Brook

Unread post by David Brook »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:29 pm Preston is DQ (Daniel Quinn) land, PM him.

Bake-offs - yes please. I just wish there were more down souf, they seem to have become a midland and norf thing. If I try = silence (see Audio Talk).
Next one in Huddersfield in 2-3 weeks and please make sure you book a hotel room BEFORE turning up chief! :grin:
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: MCRU

antonio66

Welcome David, hope you enjoy the forum.

savvypaul
Great Britain

Unread post by savvypaul »

Welcome David. Looking forward to my next visit to the People's Republic of Uddersfield...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

David Brook wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:42 pm
Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:29 pm Preston is DQ (Daniel Quinn) land, PM him.

Next one in Huddersfield in 2-3 weeks and please make sure you book a hotel room BEFORE turning up chief! :grin:
You have PM.

William, it was really nothing

Unread post by William, it was really nothing »

Hi, I'm Bill.

I'm a recent empty nester and looking to get back into "sensible" hifi.

I remember a colleague having some NVA kit years ago and being impressed by it. I was surprised to find whilst perusing ebay that it was still being made some 20 years on.

I followed the links from eBay to this site, and have lurked for a few weeks to get a feel for the place.

I'll be up front and admit, that as a newbie to hifi fora, I'm fairly surprised at the antagonism there is between the various sites ref the smaller manufacturers, but I suppose these days it's a small market and there's bound to be some fun and games.

Anyway, I want to build a system based on my only bit of kit I have left from my student days, a Technics SL150 with a SME 3009 arm. No cartridge at the moment and open to suggestions.

I'd prefer small footprint amps etc, and I have been offered a Pioneer Rt 909 reel to reel, so I'd need a tape loop.

Cheers,

Bill.

Edit:

Sorry, I should have added that I'll need a CD player too. Over the last 20 years or so, I've had a succession of Aiwa and Sony mini systems due to domestic convenience, but now all the offspring are off to university, I can indulge in separate components again.

antonio66

Welcome to the home of sensible hifi Bill. Your off to a good start with the Technics tt so why not start a thread on your queries.

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Welcome to HFS Bill.

If you want small footprint hifi with awesome sound quality at a sensible price then i think you have come to the right place. I bought an AP20 and was blown away by how musical it is. Same with phono1. I think you would be very happy with any of the NVA integrated amps.

Stu
DIY FREE ZONE