U.F.O's

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

U.F.O's

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Are they real. New program coming up on Quest recons it proves it :mrgreen:

Stemcor1990
Great Britain

Re: U.F.O's

Unread post by Stemcor1990 »

I think it depends on semantics. Anything in the sky which cannot be identified could be called a UFO. If you are thinking about little green men then it's another story :mrgreen:

See what I did there !

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

While I am VERY sceptical as to whether any of the reported sightings on this planet have been alien, there is always the fact that there are/could be civilisations out in the vastness of the universe that could be millions or billions of years more advanced than us and who knows what they could be capable of.
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have a very personal theory, I think they are from our future coming back to do some historic research :mrgreen: :geek:

zebbo
Great Britain

Unread post by zebbo »

Well it would be nice to think that we had a future! Personally I'm not so sure. :lol:
Audio Grail "Sable" Garrard 401 with Cumbrian Green Slate plinth / Audiomods 6 / Benz Micro Gullwing SLR, Phono 2, NVA INT400sa. (Oh and a Copland CDA823 CD Player, for when I fancy a bit of the devil's spawn!) :lol:

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Of course they're real. They're Unidentified.

Anyone speculating or claiming that they're Interstallar spacecraft is probably wrong.

Any life form intelligent enough to spend the huge resources required for interstellar travel would most likely have a big fanfare arrival: "Ta da! We're here everybody!"
They'd arrive in I.E.T.F.O's - Identified Extra Terrestrial Flying Objects.

And they probably wouldn't be the size of a doule decker bus. They'd probably be the size of Manhattan. Or the Isle of Wight. Or Wales. Or the Moon.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

They are not spacecraft they are time machines.

Lindsayt
Nauru

Unread post by Lindsayt »

Time travel is probably impossible. Entropy and all that.

Time travel as depicted in films and TV is extremely implausible as they're not just travelling in time they're travelling an unfeasibly huge distance extremely precisely. It's just lazy unimaginitive film-making when they materialise standing on the ground a la Terminator. Somewhere out in space would be far more likely.

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Just about all that is normal for us now was implausible 500 years ago, who knows what the next 1000 years will bring. What do interstellar transport and time travel have in common, well they both would require time travel. Time travel is already theoretically possible, but only into the future. Take a journey at the speed of light and when you get back everyone you know would be long dead. The problem is reversing it, well we are only just beginning to understand anti-matter and dark energy, we will discover a new phenomenon called anti-time, he has to exist, as the universe has to have a balance of forces otherwise it would never have happened / come into existence. Matter would not have happened without the existence of anti matter. Light energy will be discovered to only exist because of dark energy. Time will be found to exist because of anti-time. And everything is going around in an infinite (in our terms) circle of creation and destruction.

Alfi
Wales

Unread post by Alfi »

My initial thoughts are that UFO's are possibly prototype military craft on trial - hmm?

If anything extraterrestrial were to visit us I'm sure the Human race would try its best to exploit or even destroy it, what a welcome that would be. Off to a good start in relations there then.

But some say they're already here, a bit like the reptilians in the 80's sci-fi V. If so that contradicts my statement above :o

Alfi.
I am in the hi-fi trade.
Company Name: Analogue innovation.