U.F.O's

Forum for admin topics, member introductions and general non-hifi chitchat.
Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Re: U.F.O's

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

Opposed magnets.

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Lurcher300b wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:29 pm
gravity is a word describing a force. There is an opposite or opposing force to gravity (in the context I was thinking about a few pages back.)
The one we know about is another gravity.
Gravity is an attractive force between any two (or more) masses. The opposite would have to be a repulsive force. We don't know of such a force.
Yet!

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Just a stupid flight of fancy. The planet has a magnetic field which must be very strong for compasses to work all around the world. The weight of a magnet seems immaterial it will repel or attract. So we position a space craft with a very large magnet over the magnetic north pole and rotate it until it repels :lol: :lol:

joe

Unread post by joe »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:35 pm And that means we shouldn't have an opinion or ideas or discuss it, does it.
It means we are basically talking bollocks, because we are using guesswork. Imagine I have a mysterious pain in my side. I might speculate endlessly, and inaccurately, on what might be causing it, but a doctor with the relevant training could make a more educated guess, and/or could refer me for tests. Or suppose my hifi went wrong. I might guess at the reason, but a trained engineer would be more likely to assess what was wrong, and be able to fix it.

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

Sigh. I meant a force that is a repulsion version of gravity, not that there are no forces that produce repulsion, clearly electromagnetic is one that does repulse.

Lurcher300b

Unread post by Lurcher300b »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:35 pm And that means we shouldn't have an opinion or ideas or discuss it, does it.
I like Brian Cox's view on opinions.

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”

CN211276
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by CN211276 »

Lurcher300b wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:23 am
I like Brian Cox's view on opinions.

“The problem with today’s world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstrably nonsense!”
Was he referring to Marco :lol:
Main System
NVA BMU, P90SA/A80s (latest spec), Cube 1s, TIS, TISC(LS7)
Sonore OpticalRendu, Chord Mscaler & Qutest, Sbooster PSs
Network Acoustics Eno, ifi iPurifier3, AQ JB FMJ, Cisco 2940 & 2960
DH Labs ethernet, BNC & USB cables, Farnells cat 8 ethernet cable

Second System
NVA P20/ A20, Cubettes, LS3, SSP, SC
Sonore MicroRendu, Chord Mojo 2 MCRU PSs, AQ Carbon USB cable & JB FMJ

Headphones
Grado SR325e/Chord Mojo, Beyerdynamic Avetho/AQ DF Colbat

RIP Doc

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

I have an expertise, the problem none of you have experienced it because it is mine.

hillsanddalesrover
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by hillsanddalesrover »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:15 am I have an expertise, the problem none of you have experienced it because it is mine.
Indeed, but you can be VERY dismissive of those who may say the same, but have an opposing view to your own.

Speaker design for one. :lol:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Bollocks, show me where I have done that. The only rude dismissal I have seen in this thread is your snotty one that we can't comment because we are not scientists - you really are a strange fellow. At least Nick and DQ can just express frustration with the word Bollocks, I do it often. You are different, and it is continuous, nip nip nipping like our own resident Noddy, who the feck are you, is there a reason for you being here apart from being a disruptive arse.