Doc modding Marantz imperial 7

A place for DIY project discussions.
karatestu
Great Britain

Re: Doc modding Marantz imperial 7

Unread post by karatestu »

It's wet here this afternoon so I have decided to finish my second isobaric bass cube :dance: Beats working :guiness;

:epopc: :epopc: :epopc:
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Dr Bunsen Honeydew »

:epopc:

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

Watch out for the standing waves in that rain or more dangerously the big puddles :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

karatestu
Great Britain

Managed to avoid any standing waves in the puddles.

Well, it is done and I am currently listening to them.......1st track being played. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Only thing I am going to say at the moment is that having only one bass cube connected did not do this justice. In fact It sounded wrong compared to this - both big bastard isobaric bass cubes (BBIBC) playing at the same time. :guiness;

More in a while, I am too busy enjoying this. Oh my word...............
DIY FREE ZONE

karatestu
Great Britain

Turned the wick up a bit. Playing one of my test CD's - Chemical Brothers - we are the night.

Well, the house is fecking moving :dance: Not a hint of bloat, boom or sogginess and these buggers go so deep I am at the centre of the earth. :guiness; What is more there is absolutely no over powering of the mid & high frequencies. They are as clear as a bell. All the detail is there, in fact there is more, probably because of the bass being tighter. I am hearing things I have not heard before - not in your face detail which is shoved down your throat but lovely sumptuous, harmonic detail that is every where in the room

Having both BBIBC's running has centralised the sound stage and tidied up the imaging a bit compared to having only one plugged in.

I am at ear splitting volumes in my small room and they are not fatiguing me at all. I just want to turn the volume up and up and up :shock:

I can't wait to get the runs of LS6 hooked up to these bass cubes and smaller cuboids. Then there is the TIS I have not plumbed in yet. It is Christmas every day with all things NVA. :guiness; :guiness; :guiness;

More later when I have managed to calm down and compose myself.
DIY FREE ZONE

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: In the full on Cubix Pro there are 3 x 8 inchers in isobaric config - to go one better you have to have three 12 inchers :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

(loads or evil laughter echoing off into the distance)

karatestu
Great Britain

Oh you evil man.... :naughty: :naughty:

As if I need any leading on. Don't encourage me. :shhh: Don't my two 12 inchers equal your three eight inchers ? :lol: :lol: :lol: they both add up to 24 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can you imagine the size of the things with three 12 inchers inside ????????????????

I just can't believe what I am hearing with these speakers. They can go from a whisper to a growl in no time. I am listening to Weather Report - Domino theory at the moment. It is a very dynamic recording. Very quiet bits which go to loud in an instant. These speakers portray it effortlessly.

The composure of these things is astounding. (I have turned in to Marco again) Whilst I was expecting some improvements in the bass I did not expect this much. On the other hand, I was not expecting any improvements to the mid and high frequencies but I am clearly hearing lots of improvement here. The wealth of detail present is ridiculous. It is beautiful harmonics and very subtle qualities of a musicians playing that were clearly fogged over before.

It is all about the music of course. I am floating in beautiful music. Big thanks to you Doc, could not have done it without you :guiness; :guiness;
DIY FREE ZONE

SteveTheShadow
Great Britain

Unread post by SteveTheShadow »

Great work Stu!
Slowly but surely, the semi-omni is starting to make waves: big bassy waves in your case. Watch that wall plaster. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Somebody’s telling me the latest scandals.
Somebody’s stepping on my plastic sandals. Joe Jackson (1979)

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

Dr Bunsen Honeydew wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:40 pm Watch out for the standing waves in that rain or more dangerously the big puddles :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're more likely to encounter standing waves in the rain than in a speaker

Dr Bunsen Honeydew

All the faces are frowning and all the brains are saying "but I have been told this for years". Yes told nonsense, judge the people who told you.