Oh! I thought you were the guy who closed the box(es). :grin:

S.
I am not a number. I am a free man

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Re: Unboxing P20/A20

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

_D_S_J_R_ wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:59 pm
Lotus Seven S wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:38 pm Moving slowly forward....

But I must say I am impressed by what was in-the-box. (Open the box/Open the box).

Well packed. Lovely cables with nice terminals. The pre-amp was smaller than I imagined and the amp was bigger and heavier, than I imagined. And all very nice and lovely.

Things are connected up, so now I am going to go a long walk with the dog in the bright sunshine and cold air.....

And then - Serious Business.

S.

Ooooh, I'm so lucky :D I get to do this so many times :dance:
I was chatting to Paul Darwin (Rega) the other day he said he knew you? Are you in ‘the business’ so to speak fella??

Lotus Seven S
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lotus Seven S »

My mind closed down last night and I went to bed early. Unboxing is hard work and tiring.

I did get a listen to another test-album: Miles Davis - Ascenseur Pour l'Echafaud (ascending the gallows). Wonderful film noir music and traditionally used to test because the bass is (or can be) troublesome..... But I was really too tired to appreciate it - and from today on, we are going to stop all this analyzing.

Things are just going to settle down. The Mind Moves by itself and anything can happen.

Just let me cap the first day's impressions by saying: How could anyone wish for more than the P20/A20 combination?

But of course as I said - the mind will move and anything can happen.

S.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

Hemmo1969 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:24 pm
_D_S_J_R_ wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:59 pm
Lotus Seven S wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:38 pm Moving slowly forward....

But I must say I am impressed by what was in-the-box. (Open the box/Open the box).

Well packed. Lovely cables with nice terminals. The pre-amp was smaller than I imagined and the amp was bigger and heavier, than I imagined. And all very nice and lovely.

Things are connected up, so now I am going to go a long walk with the dog in the bright sunshine and cold air.....

And then - Serious Business.

S.

Ooooh, I'm so lucky :D I get to do this so many times :dance:
I was chatting to Paul Darwin (Rega) the other day he said he knew you? Are you in ‘the business’ so to speak fella??
Paul Darwin, bless him ;) We share an ex employer :D

Yeah, I've been around, since 1973 - cough...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

karatestu
Great Britain

Unread post by karatestu »

Any news here? The suspense is too much........
DIY FREE ZONE

Lotus Seven S
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lotus Seven S »

Any news here? The suspense is too much........
Is it me, you are asking....?

Well, I am enjoying myself....haven't really had much peace to listen - but I am enjoying it enormously..... It is really quite (very) different from my valve amp (which I have loved). The single word that occurs to me with regards to P20/A20 is "light-footed". It is quick and light, there is not the fat overhang from the tubes. (I can't quite find out if this means there are fewer gaps to fill out in my head or more gaps - but maybe there are just always gaps...)

But I have only begun scratching the surface (not the acrylic - white gloves de rigueur) but getting acquainted - and I have been buying some new records all over the place (thanks to Fretless and the music thread), so there are no final judgements here.

But to get so much fun out of so little money - Well - it is a short, sharp shock that probably has the power to last.

S.