Primare CD22 player

All general audio posts go here.
southall-1998
Wales

Re: Primare CD22 player

Unread post by southall-1998 »

The Apollo-R is a splendid little CD Player for it's class. I'm happily using one.

S.
Shane Lonergan.

kimangelis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by kimangelis »

Yes it is, there's no doubting that. But the Primare is, to my ears at least, better. Or at least I prefer it's delivery. Came home this evening. Put on Alison Goldfrapp's latest, and sat through the whole album. Expecting LS7 tomorrow so let's hear what that does.....
Primare CD22. Primare DAB/FM radio. SSP to NVA AP70 and AP10H(JS) with Denon AH-D7100's. LS5 to Cube2's.

_D_S_J_R_
Wales

Unread post by _D_S_J_R_ »

The Planet and Apollo single-box CD players don't seem to favour low impedance pre-amp loads - this from a mate's experience with several samples over the last few years and used with various active and passive preamps. the sound goes wishy-washy and looses 'grip' for want of a better term.

Their DAC isn't like this...

I used to like Primare as a brand very much, confirmed on a recent listen to current models, but don't let that put you off...
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way...The time has gone, The song is over, Thought I'd something more to say...

Hemmo1969
Ukraine

Unread post by Hemmo1969 »

kimangelis wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:35 pm Yes it is, there's no doubting that. But the Primare is, to my ears at least, better. Or at least I prefer it's delivery. Came home this evening. Put on Alison Goldfrapp's latest, and sat through the whole album. Expecting LS7 tomorrow so let's hear what that does.....
Looking at you sig are you upgrading for the LS6? Expecting much difference?