A few questions

All things NVA
montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

A few questions

Unread post by montechristo358 »

thought Id put them all in one place

SSP Digital, anything in construction thats different to an analogue SSP? i.e can I just use one half of a spare SSP pair?

PSUS, I have a AP10H with external PSU, I have a Phono 2 with External 2 x PSU. Are these PSU the same?

Any reason I can't use the dual PSUs from the phono 2 with the AP10H?

Would using the single PSU from the AP10H work with the Phono 2?

physically plugs look like no issue
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers

Geoff.R.G
Great Britain

Re: A few questions

Unread post by Geoff.R.G »

montechristo358 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:48 pm thought Id put them all in one place

SSP Digital, anything in construction that's different to an analogue SSP? i.e can I just use one half of a spare SSP pair?

PSUS, I have a AP10H with external PSU, I have a Phono 2 with External 2 x PSU. Are these PSU the same?

Any reason I can't use the dual PSUs from the phono 2 with the AP10H?

Would using the single PSU from the AP10H work with the Phono 2?

physically plugs look like no issue
The best person to answer is the man who builds them. When not email Paul or send a PM?

Ithilstone
EUROPEAN_UNION

Unread post by Ithilstone »

SSP Digital - yes you can use "half" of spare SSP interconnect sets - there is no difference in construction
Using any NVA PSU with Phono 2 - there is no problem as those have voltage regulating boards
Using NVA PSU not supplied with AP10H it is a bit more complicated - there is no voltage regulating boards so mixing is not advised unless you can measure PSU output and it is identical across all PSUs you want to use.
Nothing to see here...
I am in the hi-fi trade
Company Name: NVA Hi-Fi
https://nvahifi.co.uk/

montechristo358
Has thanked: 0
Great Britain

Unread post by montechristo358 »

thanks Tom
Bedroom Rig
PiCorePlayer Squeezebox clone, Allo Boss Dac, NVA AP10H with Stepped Attenuator upgrade and external PSU, Audioquest Nightowl Cans, NVA mini BMU

Office Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DIGI+, NVA SSP Digital, Arcam AV9. NVA SSC, NVA AP10P, NVA LS5, NVA Cubettes, NVA Mini BMU

Kitchen Rig
PicorepLayer Squezeebox clone with HifiBerry DAC+, NVA SSC, NVA P50, Project AMPBox, Sonance Ceiling Speakers